have down 10 dollars on 125 dollar columbia ladys tank bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone else mentioned, I would check the scrap yards. I know this guy who saves bikes from scrap yards and quite a few of them are ladies bikes, even with tanks. He usually gets them for $5 each, give or take. I also wouldn't be jumping to conclusions yet, if you don't have the bike in your hands. Tear everything apart and inspect every part, determining if something is junk or not.... then you will need replacements. But it's your money so you can do whatever you want, just be wise on your decisions. :)

Well jeasusfreak86, I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to do. Here's how the rat rod veterans find the great deals:

1) Persistence- We always look for bikes. If the wife goes grocery shopping, we go next door to the thrift store to look for bikes, or something we can put on a bike. I dare say we might even check a trash pile or two if it's convenient and we think we see a bike in there.
2) Craigslist- We not only tend to check the bike section every day, but we might often check the nearby town's craigslist as well.
3) RR Form Classifieds- But ya gotta be fast. An occasional gem can be found in the newspaper classifieds.
4) Alternative sources for bikes- Check out craigslist or your newspaper for estate sales and garage sales. Estate sales rarely have bikes but when they do they are often pretty nice ones, garage sales tend to have more kid's bikes and low end mountain bikes. Flea markets might be good too.
5) We ask for bikes- I went to an estate sale and it didn't have any bikes. I asked the girl at the cash register and she said that although they didn't have any bikes at the estate sale, she had an old Roadmaster she would personally sell to me. You'd be amazed how many bikes you can find just by asking. And if you ask around enough, then you become the guy people call up to give you bikes for free, or to have the first shot at making an offer for a vintage bike. Some guys put "I want to buy your vintage bike" ads in craigslist.

All that being said, I think if you put a post up in the RR Forum wanting to buy a women's tanked bike, you would probably be pleasantly surprised at the result. This thread has garnered a lot of attention, and there are several guys here who are constantly looking to sell a bike or two so they can afford a new project.

(edit)-Whoops, just saw where you posted an ad. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back