hauling bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to haul several bikes in my pickup truck. Anybody have any tips on how to haul 5 or 6 bikes at one time to keep from getting the hoplessly entangled? Thanks.

turn them around and hang the front rim/tire over the back tailgate

i have a hollywood rack ment for out in front of a shop or the garage. it will take 6 bikes and fits well into the back of my ranchero. sensor can attest to how many bikes i hauled two years ago to autorama. all show bikes, cant get scratched and inches apart. talk about ummmm exciting?

i built mine out of wood. holds three without touching, then i hang 2 more off the back

festebay010-1.jpg

if scratches aren't a huge concern, or you're just picking up projects or something, you can just make a stack of them, leaned on one side (actually works better in a van) make sure you alternate the bikes pointing forward, then back, and spin the pedals to clear. there is usually minimal tangling that way. We used to shuttle new bikes from the warehouse that way when I worked at a bike shop.

by StepChld on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 pm
turn them around and hang the front rim/tire over the back tailgate

Dakine actually makes a pad for this, which protects the truck and the bikes. I haven't tried this way with a cruiser, but it works well for freeride bikes.

muddywater can u take close ups of your setup? i dont see any straps on the bikes i am impressed. i am always worried about loosing bikes i swear i should buy stock in tie down straps.

Back