Has anyone used something like this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick search and didn't find anything like this on here, so if a thread already exists, please let me know.I don't really know the correct terminology for these different parts so hopefully this wont be too confusing. I have a few different sets of old 7/8" handlebars from motorcycles, and I want to try them on my cruiser (its a Huffy Panama Jack), but they don't fit in the stem.I found a few different adapters which allow for a threadless stem on a "threaded"(i think) fork.
80ccdbc3.jpg

Just curious if anybody has experience with these parts, and what I should look out for if I add something like this.
I like the look of older bmx parts, and I think this could open up alot of options for this bike.
f92585d2.jpg

any input will be appreciated. :)

Yep. Used them a couple of times. When i made my own bars and wanted something to fit the 31.8mm, i used those adapters to run a newer downhill mountain bike stem for that burly look

motorcycle bars primarily come in 7/8" standard, 1" for Harley's and cruisers, and 1.125" or better clamping area for MX and some aftermarket cruiser applications

the bars I have in mind are 7/8" flat track style handlebars,
3476524d.jpg

I could probably make them work with the huffy stem by using a shim to make up the difference, but I just like how the threadless stems look, even with the knurls on the bars showing.
e492d29a.jpg

my main concerns with using an adapter was by adding another connection to the fork, I would be adding another place for problems to occur.I know its not a hi performance bike or anything, but I was just curious if there was any effect in how the bike handles.
thanks for the feedback guys

those look like the Flanders flat track bars i had on my CRF450 ^

You should have no issues using that setup. I personally like the threadless stem look better myself.

Yes Iv'e used those bars [ or real close ] w/ BMX stem
IMG_0021c.jpg

IMG_0075c.jpg

I'm currently running the set up you are going to run [ sorry no pic] and it works fine

Those quill adapters will work fine as long as you're not launching down stair sets, but dumb question here...why not just use a bmx style quill stem? For that matter most any older beach cruiser type stem will be a 1" quill and 7/8" bar as well.

thanks everyone for the help.
outsider, your bike looks so sick with those bars, you've just made up my mind that I'm gonna run the trackers for sure.
I tried an old mongoose quill stem that I have, but I found out its not the same size. 22.2 or something. if I found a bmx or old cruiser stem in the right size, I would probably use that,(and save some cash too hahaha)

Back