Harrisburg ride july 31st PIC HEAVY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone since i still have no computer of my own anymore and this one does not have photoshop i have no fancy flyers to show ya ,
so here it is plain and simple ...
Riding around harrisburg along the river front saturday july 31st if anyone is interested in riding let me know since its still early maybe we can work on times to best suit people if there working etc , its flat .. we like flat hahah... lots of bars ... we like bars .. lots of places to eat .. i love to eat hahaha

Re: Harrisburg ride july 31st PA

Hey Jen,

What time are you guys looking to ride? I know I have something in the afternoon, but if its not then, at least I will come out and check out what everyone is riding! I live about two miles from the river. I work downtown and commute down there just about everyday. I don't have a rat yet, but riding is riding, am I right?

Well talk to ya soon

I forgot to ask the most important question, will you be riding the salt shaker?

yes i will be riding the salt shaker :) im excited , the ride we are going to start at 1 in the afternoon but we will probly ride until nightfall theres so much around to keep me occupied i love the old buildings so im riding untill i drop lol im still trying to come up with a good parking /meet up point dont want to tell people to use a parking garage . was thinkin about city islands parking area

Of course you pick 1pm, I've got something from 1 to 3, oh well, maybe I'll try coming out later.
City Island is a good spot but make sure there isn't a Senators game cause then it will be crazy packed and they will make you pay. But I guess you will have to pay to park no matter where you go.

Unless you park at the civil war museum and then ride the green belt, which leads you to the river. Or ride direct down state st. right into the city.

Well that's just my two cents, lol!

I'm gonna try and come out after 4, if everything goes according to plan, but we all know how that normally works out. Anyway, hopefully I will be able to catch up with you guys at some point. If I don't, have a great ride, if its anything like today it will be the perfect day.

so there were a total of 7 riders , 7 bicycles ... 3 bicycles were mine hahaha .
we all parked on city island first we rode around the islands walking/bike path then went over the bridge to the walk/bike path along front street which is right next to the river rode the path for along time then went to 2nd street and rode down town to get come pizza <3 ... rode up market to the atomic warehouse which is such a awesome antique store alot of 50's stuff .. they were nice and let us pull the bicycles in the shop while we browsed so no one would mess with them , then we rode back to third rode that for while . hooked onto a street that took us backto front, back to the bike path and back to the island ... we were riding for about 4-5 hours it was pretty awesome :)
heres some photos
956155158_ZomPe-L.jpg
left to right my friend luke and his gf sarah on my bicycles they came up from maryland, then theres jason from harrisburg area

956155130_7diAt-L.jpg
from city island took a picture of the river boat , with the captial building and the fulerton bank sky scraper that im pretty sure is a art deco building it was amazing

956155102_NDVM2-L.jpg
jason,zach,heidi,luke and sarah

956155197_wddWJ-L.jpg
jeremiah(my bf) rocking his pith helmet riding the schwinn jaguar he has

956155220_obZES-L.jpg
theres a little train on the island
956155351_XJAL8-M.jpg
over the shoulder picture
956155375_adZSk-M.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

Sorry I missed the ride it was a beautiful day, I did see you guys packing up on the island when I was trying to run home to get my wheels. Oh well maybe next time.

Did you see the people riding with the tandem and that HUGE trailer?

iamtheandyman said:
Thanks for the pics!

Sorry I missed the ride it was a beautiful day, I did see you guys packing up on the island when I was trying to run home to get my wheels. Oh well maybe next time.

Did you see the people riding with the tandem and that HUGE trailer?
hahaha that was a 3 person tandem with a huge trailor yes i did that was insane! .. we will deff. be riding the burg again we had alot of fun and ill let ya know when we do

Okay reviving this thread. Was this a one off ride? I live about 10 minutes south of harrisburg and think it would be pretty sweet to get a ride together about once a month. All the guys I know into old bikes around here are 70 years old and more interested in looking at them then riding them. I have a bunch of bikes so if anyone is interested and has a friend bring them along. Perhaps do some bar hoppin on a saturday night. :?:

I'm digging the Moon discs on your bike Jen! Is there a build thread on here for it?

Back