HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (7/16 door knobs and more dice!!)

Thats one bad to the bone bike!

KOTA said:
WOW! I can't stop STARING at it...This is the most "HOT ROD" bike I've ever seen. Should NOT be ridden, to nice......You did it again.

too late took her out on the last second sat ride just to show that she is a ride able beast. and thank you for mentioning the hot rod thing cause that is just what i was going for.

scott brownsey said:
wow adam its awsome wow speechless your best work ever killer bike bro wow darn holy crap sweet smooth bitchn all those cool words still cant define it its perfect bro :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :) :D :D

i have wanted to say some other things while building this one similar to your words. getting that front end to sit right was ummm well i cant say it here :D

kuttnhack offered a suggestion to me at cyclefest as we were checking each other's bikes out. he felt mine was of all things not pinstriped enough and now i agree as i forgot how much sneaky pinstriping i did and how little you can really see. so tonight i am going back at it to finish it off. hey it is a 60's style bike like the full show hot rods of that time and nothing was really "over the top" so why not?

Adam, i was checking out Hard Luck at the show.. Well done!

Did you shave off every other tooth on the rear cog, or did you weld a skip tooth cog to the original Shimano cog?
(I think it was a Shimano hub on there..) :)

THIS BIKE GOT THE THUMBS UP FROM MY LADY SO YA KNOW IT'S GOOD. NICE WORK BUDDY. I'M VERY IMPRESSED. THIS IS WHY I JOINED THIS SITE... GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Gold Street Customs said:
Hey Adam ,we never did get that picture of all of the build off bikes together. I thought about it....in Williams :oops:
How many were there? I can think 4, but I'm sure there was more..

i thought there were three. kuttnhack, gold street customs, and myself. who else?

yea he was there but the bike wasn't ready. i was counting build off bikes that were there in person.

poverty with a view said:
It was nice to see you take first place with this bike at Cyclefest. I hope you get the build off win too. You have my vote. Blue!

thanks bro i was honored to win out of that group there were some simply amazing bikes at the show. as for the build off we will see who knows where it will go this year but thanks for your support i think i am gonna need it

You're so humble....If there were a "Riddler" award for bikes, this one would take it!

The steering wheel is just too cool on this thing. :wink:

well we did that once already greg and it held. i am game lets go bring a truck and lets do it.

KOTA said:
You're so humble....If there were a "Riddler" award for bikes, this one would take it!

dude really? she ain't that nice she is still a rat, just a bike. i am just amazed the setup i thought of in my head sorta works. all i could think the first time i rode it was "i am using this steering wheel to hold up the spring which is all held in by really two (well three) grade 8 bolts." dont think the guys who made that steering wheel ever thought one would be used like this. :shock:

I kept staring at it , imagining how it would be to ride,something like staring at a 40 Willy's with a blown Hemi thinking ,that could be alot of fun....

Yeah, right before you kill yourself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This bike is sooooo awesome, looks so Rat Fink / George Trosley. Definitely another level of build.

wQ0v8SV43movu6eq9OIAJQq5o1_500.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Yep.. you really took this build to another level.
It's the best rat I've seen; in fact, being kinda new to the forum, I think all and all, It's the coolest bike I've seen here. You nailed it on all aspects, and I'm not even very into the steering wheel thing.
Is it a fun ride?
Keep goin'

stocksucks said:
Yep.. you really took this build to another level.
It's the best rat I've seen; in fact, being kinda new to the forum, I think all and all, It's the coolest bike I've seen here. You nailed it on all aspects, and I'm not even very into the steering wheel thing.
Is it a fun ride?
Keep goin'

thanks bro i am deeply honored, you never know what people will think of a bike when it is outside the box like this. is it fun to ride? yes it is but she keeps you on your toes thats for sure.

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I kept staring at it , imagining how it would be to ride,something like staring at a 40 Willy's with a blown Hemi thinking ,that could be alot of fun....

Yeah, right before you kill yourself! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This bike is sooooo awesome, looks so Rat Fink / George Trosley. Definitely another level of build.

wQ0v8SV43movu6eq9OIAJQq5o1_500.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

come on we all love gassers but in the back of our heads know they dont stop or steer for anything. but when u look that cool who cares? ahhhhh the price we pay to look cool. and yea i wanted to build a sorta what if bike. what if ed roth built a kustom bike what would it look like sorta thing. pinstriping as i type i took a break once done i will post pics

Back