Hamilton Ladies Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, i didnt know where to post this, but i figured seeing as i wasnt "building" it, i though i would post it here. Well, i picked it up today, for free, and im very happy with it. Its a Hamilton single speed ladies bike, and looks quite old, but still has verygood original paint, im not sure how old it is, any help with that would be appreciated. Anyways, here are some photos.
I really dig the chain guard, it looks nice, and suprisingly the rims are virtually rust free.
IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Paint and decals are very intact.
IMG_0059.jpg

Really awesome brake set up, it uses solid linkages instead of cables, very awesome. :shock:
IMG_0060.jpg

This seat will be coming off to go on to my BTR project.
IMG_0061.jpg

I wanna keep the bike as original as possible, seeing as its in such great condition, so the only thing im changing is the seat. This is because im gonna make my sister ride this bike (get her in to vintage bikes :D ) and she wont be happy with that seat, although i would love it on my board tracker :D
Thanks for looking.

Yes, it's Raleigh built, I think the label on the fork blade says Raleigh. Check the rear hub shell for a 2 digit date. I had a Phillips with a 1 speed that had the date on the sturmey archer hub.

That's a very nice complete bike, and I would have stolen the seat off it also.

Thanks for the interest guys, i had a look again today, in the daylight, and it has no markings on the rear hub, it doesnt even have a sturmey hub. Also there is no Raleigh markings anywhere on it. Every where it just says Hamitlon Deluxe....

I thought i knew all the Raleigh off brands, but I can't find a Hamilton brand anywhere. what brand is the rear hub?

The rear hub is unmarked, its not a coaster hub, it has a freewheeling sprocket on it.

it's got one of those old carbide light holders up front, and it looks like the Raleigh style I've got a Bridgestone that has a very similar frame (well it did until I cut it up) and it was also linkage brakes like yours. Mine was 60's?

I was unable to find any number or anything on the rear hub. Walker i sorta guessed it was about that old, thanks. Girlybike, its an awesome seat, i love it. Perfect for a board track racer :D

Back