halloween decor costumes, and things that bump in the night.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
halloween is my fav time of year. we've been getting into the swing of things for a few weeks now.

since it is my fav time of year i figured i'd start the halloween thread.
so post your pictures of your yard,pumpkins, costumes and all the other scary things on all hallow's eve.

heres what i've been upto.
my halloween started with a creepy porch backdrop for a local photographer (for kid's costume pic's)
IMG_1080-1.jpg

0558.jpg

for halloween this year, my girlfriend and i are hosting a buck and doe for our best friends (i'm the best man at the wedding and my girl is the maid of honour)
so with the extra canvas i painted this back drop (my first mosaic)
IMG_1217-1.jpg

it will be used as a backdrop for photos then raffled off at the end of the night.

shortly there after i started my costume. gonna dress up as the crazed lunatic everybody things i am. :)
started with a mask constructed with some 11oz leather and canvas strapping. i soaked the mask in hot water then let it dry around a 2liter pop bottle to give it shape.
IMG_1323.jpg

next the straight jacket. believe it or not, i also stitched this from left over canvas from the first back drop.
i used,tea,coffee,soy sause,chili powder paste,fabric dye and powertools to make it look old and worn
IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

and what lunatic would feel complete without his fav bunny slippers.
i used left over white fur from one of my bike builds.
they got the same treatment to make em look old.
IMG_1339-1.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

made a couple mr and mrs potato head costumes for a friend (i'll get some pic's this week, larry was pretty excited to take em home and show his wife.)

today the little sister came over (alyssa-big brothers/big sisters)and helped decorate the yard.
IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1355-1.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

we had a fantastic time and theres still a couple weeks till halloween.

so lets see your creepiness in all its glory!

some costumes and yard decor form last year and a CPR dummy head that my daughter gave the hot glue treatment to. :D
100_2860.jpg

100_2848.jpg

100_2814.jpg

100_2811.jpg

100_2809.jpg

100_2808.jpg

100_1071.jpg

i grabbed some masonite/cieling tile/old pallets/packing blanket from work and made my own decor for the yard last year.
the ghost sits on top of a floor fan
the houses were modeled after cartoon witch/casper the ghost/monster house/and granpa's barn
ghost.jpg

streetview.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

layout.jpg

DSC_0480.jpg

i got BIG plans for this year!! :wink:

its all the hand crafted stuff i like the best. i'm glad to see i'm not the only freak that goes all out for halloween.
great pic's guys.

i also have big plans for my yard this year (just put up last years stuff thus far.)
can't wait to see, keep those pic's coming!

Wow! You guys go all out. We don't do much ourselves. A pumpkin and some gourds on the porch. We live way out in the country and no one would see it anyway.

Here's my question: How many trick or treaters do you usually get? I've lived here for 15yrs. and have never had a single trick or treater knock on my door. My wife always has a big bowl of mini Snickers just in case, but I always end up eating them. :) Gary

NOT A SINGLE ONE!? :shock: :|

i lived in an area of San Maghetto CA for a year and 1/2 and i kid you not, we would get no less than 350 kids on the 31st :shock:
that's no lie! since i've moved to Folsom, and the community is still somewhat new here, we top out at about 60 to 70 kids. they're all in costume and the kids and their parents all comment on my decor.
my wife tells her friends that this is my Christmas :lol: (oh yea? check this website! i'm not the only one :wink: )

the other side of town, i usually had 200 kids. that was 8 years back.

now, on my little dead end, i'm lucky to get 20 kids. i thought it had alot to do with the fact i live on a dead end with 3 houses, but it seems more and more parents just take thier kids to the mall (the stores give out candy) the weathers always nice indoors, and ya don't have to worry about winterizing the costumes. :)

my cats are enjoying halloween almost as much as i. :)
IMG_1376.jpg

No Halloween w/o Big Frankie

Back in '64, Aurora came out with Big Frankie, a model kit that I'm pretty sure i had and built. 45 years later it's back out again put out my Moebius. I made the mistake of cruising over to the Hamb website and saw the amazing work of Sonny Depalma, painter, model maker and all around kool kat extroidanaire.

I had him do up the kit with changes to his face, adding goatee, sideburns, Elvis flip, pronounced forehead and a few other things..

He'll be chillin' this Halloween!

Spin

IMG_3846.jpg

Re: No Halloween w/o Big Frankie

spinman said:
Back in '64, Aurora came out with Big Frankie, a model kit that I'm pretty sure i had and built. 45 years later it's back out again put out my Moebius. I made the mistake of cruising over to the Hamb website and saw the amazing work of Sonny Depalma, painter, model maker and all around kool kat extroidanaire.

I had him do up the kit with changes to his face, adding goatee, sideburns, Elvis flip, pronounced forehead and a few other things..

He'll be chillin' this Halloween!

Spin

IMG_3846.jpg

he's freakin awesome! i thought my frank was cool, but he just dont compare to yours.
IMG_1380.jpg

Waaaaaaaait a minute!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!!!!!!!!

there's my next prop...... good ol' Frankie

i like them both, but Elvis Stien?! COME-ON!!!!!! :mrgreen:

durango used to have a pretty fun halloween back in the day, downtown would be too crowded for car traffic :D

crowd.jpg

scottlou.jpg

gorilla-1.jpg

we have a zombie walk down town each year, however all the real action is around the bars.
london has a couple colleges and a university. if the weathers nice (and i pray it is) down town is riddled with girls in slutty costumes.
i mean you'll see more sexy nurses,nuns, french maids and shooter girls than you can shake a stick at! :)

picked up a severed head and wig.
IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1403-1.jpg

i'm gonna build an antique i.v. cart to hang the head/bag of blood from.
(chair base and curtain rod-still needing stain)
IMG_1383.jpg

i figured it would save me from carring it around all night.

Im going to a party tonite. A bunch of family decided we should go as a group. When I asked "as what?" I was informed the crew of Gilligans Island. I figured fine, I will be the portly older skipper but nooooo. I was told the roles are reversed and the men will be the womens characters :oops: I was chossen to be Mrs. Thurston Howle!!!!! :oops: I would have never guessed ,but at 6" 265 pds I wear a size 26 dress.
I am leaving in a few hours, wish me luck. BTW, this party is at a cops house,Im sure his buds will have a good laugh. Pics tommorow (maybe) LOL

Back