Hacksaws or cutting wheel

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see alot of people saying get out the Hacksaw, just wondering if anyone uses an angle grinder or die grinder with cutting wheels.

I use a hacksaw, a big electric board mounted saw thingie and a diegrinder with a cut disc, the die grinde I use the least, because it's pneumatic and our good compressor isnt plugged in, we haven't got the right electric outputs in the garage :p

bigredddaddy said:
"Amish Sawzalls" :!:

bro i spit pop on my keyboard :lol: that's funny

Amish Sawzall is the most used. i feel i get better cuts and it keeps me active.

to each their own though

I use a hacksaw because thats what I was born and raised with.

I've used by buds wizzer wheel in the past,and I dont like it.I guess Im just not used to it.I dont need speed,I need precision,and I cant get that with a wheel.

i personaly love the pipe cutters when there is room, i guess it just depends on where your cutting. power tools are always nice...... but i find by the time you hook up your tool, turn on the compressor and all that jazz, or even get out your good ol grinder, plug it in or what ever, i could have probably been DONE with the ol hack saw!!!

The only good argument for a manual hacksaw is when you need to cut something off and take as little off as possible. Most cut off wheels chew out an extra ammount of whatever you are cutting.

If I had my way I'd use a plasma cutter to open a tin can. :lol:

Back