GYES Bicycle seat GS-13-1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, does anyone use a "GYES" Bicycle seat, the GS-13-1 ??? If so do you like it, are they comfortable & worth the money ??? Appears to be a knock off of a "Brooks" ??? Any Feedback from any of the members using the GS-13-1 or similar Gyes would be Greatly appreciated. Been thinking about getting one but can't find any "Feedback" on them on the net. :D

Thanks Guys !!!

"OS"

I have two of the Gyes GS-07 saddles.

The quality is very nice and they seem pretty comfortable.

primerbeast5.jpg

Thanks CeeBee & Rat Rod.... Appreciate the "Feedback"... They Look NICE on your bikes !!!
Reason I was asking because you can get a "Brooks" B33 or B135 for approximately 75 Bucks more & I was
trying to find one similar to a brooks (with comfort) & a Gyes saddle looks similar but little cheaper in price ???
I just didn't know if the Gyes GS-13-1 was comfortable or not ???

Anyone else, feedback, opinions, ect.... Much appreciated ...

I looked at both the 13 and the 10 the main difference I saw was the tool bag mounting tabs are metal on the 10 and molded into the leather seat on the 13. I went with the 10 because it was about $10 cheaper. I purchased from Crow Cycles (I am not affiliated in any way). http://www.crowcycleco.com/

To me the springs on the Gyes are a bit softer than the Brooks.

I saw some black and white photos of the Cambium on their website.

Looking forward to seeing colored photos, but how will a non-leather Brooks feel? Isn't that the key ingredient. In hat makes them special?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Leather saddles are nice and slippery. I think leather is mostly comfy due to the construction and structure of the suspended leather. So the new saddle may be the same.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Rat Rod said:
I have two of the Gyes GS-07 saddles.

The quality is very nice and they seem pretty comfortable.

primerbeast5.jpg

Just bought one of these off CL for a great deal, looks new. Did sit on it, but I havent rode it yet. Nice qaulity. I know the Brooks I sold Chicago Muscle guy (he got a great deal) was super comfy, wish it wasnt so large

Has any one seen the new Brooks with rubber base layer and fabric top.?

Nope, haven't checked that one out yet.... I will keep my eyes open :shock: for it ...

Thanks for the "Feedback" GYES ... :lol: APPRECIATE IT !!! Now I have to save a little Cash for 1 !

"OS"

As a huge Brooks fan (I think I have 6 or 7? - but I won't do too much preaching about their "superiority" here :mrgreen: ), I've always thought of Gyes as kind of a "cheap Ebay alternative" to them. However, I have to say, I've been hearing a lot of positive feedback about 'em over the past few months. I may have to invest in one, and try it out for myself (sacrilege!!!) :? :lol:

Yeah, I've got both brands and I don't ride anything enough to tell the difference really. They both feel fine to me and the Gyes seems like just as nice of quality as the Brooks.

More hardcore daily long distance riders may be able to tell the difference, but for a cruiser that I use for short trips around the neighborhood, they both do the job. ;)

Ha. I have this same saddle on an early western flyer I did. I somehow found greys online and
Can tell you this is a Great quality seat for a fair price, and my cheeks are never in pain!!

I like my Persons seats. For the price of a Brooks, I can a buy a couple of seats that I really like. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I plan on trying on of the Gyes saddles, but the one with the seats with front spring make me wounder if they make the bike ride like one of these. :mrgreen:

spring-rider-bike-thumb.jpg

Just keeping it light.....

Cheers,
Dr. T
......... with your avatar and photo posted combined.. I had to laugh..
Really, I have been thinking of that too..

Latest posts

Back