gt fork axle retainer buttons

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
does anybody have a source to buy the axle retainer buttons for gt forks other than pork chop ? they are 3 bucks at pork chop but the shipping is killer! they go in your fork to keep the wheel from falling out if the nuts loosen up! :?:

Are you talking about the washers with the tab on them that goes into the hole on the fork?

If so, they come on LOTS of department store kids bikes, I'd just find some, I doubt anyone will notice if they are not OG BMX parts.

yoothgeye said:
Are you talking about the washers with the tab on them that goes into the hole on the fork?

If so, they come on LOTS of department store kids bikes, I'd just find some, I doubt anyone will notice if they are not OG BMX parts.

They are more like a bushing /spacer, the hole in the forks is much bigger than the axle, they fill in the difference in size and make it so if your axle nut loosens the axle can't slip out unless the axle nut is almost completely off.

CCR said:
They are more like a bushing /spacer, the hole in the forks is much bigger than the axle, they fill in the difference in size and make it so if your axle nut loosens the axle can't slip out unless the axle nut is almost completely off.

The little "top hat" looking washers... they are on other bikes as well.

Back