Growler/Howler bike carrier

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In preparation of Tour de Fat coming to town (and my plan of riding to it from home/80+ mile round trip) I made a Growler/Howler bike seat carrier this weekend. Using a repurposed a leather belt, 1/4" Chicago screws(sex bolts), leather punch, heavy duty needle and thread. I didn't take any pics while making it(sorry), just take your time, measure it all out marking it along the way with chalk. Use the leather punch for the sex bolts and an awl or pic to pre puncture the leather for sewing. Works well, very sturdy, I'm using the belt buckle to secure the Howler so it doesn't slip out of the carrier while riding.
w

I don't think I'll be staying retired from bikes... That's really well stuffed fenders.. I'm sure they will be calling.
Salute.
I don't think any true bike people really "retire" from bikes... let's call it a hiatus

I didn't retire after the accident. Can't pedal as long as I'd like now, so I just added a motor to help out. Yep, I'm a daft, ol' bike person.

I didn't retire after the accident. Can't pedal as long as I'd like now, so I just added a motor to help out. Yep, I'm a daft, ol' bike person.
As long as you're still out there!! My last crash a few years ago broke my shoulder, a few ribs, and my back in two places... still can't and won't give it up...

Back