Grips Delima.....Advice Needed...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have foam factory grips on my older Murray Synergy mtn, bike and thinking about replacing them. The lever shifter on right side sticks out over the grip slightly. The grips I want to install are BMX type and have the molded "donut" end so the level cannot protrude over the grip.SO.......do I move the lever inward slightly OR notch out the donut? My thought is to move the lever but what about shifting ease since lever will be on back side of grip donut?

LukeTheJoker said:
I have notched the donut in the past (read: back in my school days) and it worked fine...

Luke.

Yeah notching was my first thought. Just dunno how akward it would feel trying to reach over the donut with your thumb.

You can always remove the flange or buy flangeless grips its a common thing in the bmx world now a days. To remove it yourself just use a nice fresh razor blade and cut a straight line they will look good as new.

Valocalrep said:
You can always remove the flange or buy flangeless grips its a common thing in the bmx world now a days. To remove it yourself just use a nice fresh razor blade and cut a straight line they will look good as new.

Hmmm. :idea:

Back