Greetings from Scotland

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've been lurking round for a couple weeks, like a kid peering in a sweetie shop window. All the bikes on here look great.

I've just bought an Electra Coaster in black, which looks cool. And I've got two other bikes, one a MTB, the other (I think) a 80s Dawes town/city bike. I live in a town called Perth which has some great cycle paths along some of the rivers that flow into the Firth of Tay.

I think the site's great. I'm looking forward to hopefully contributing to the forum. I definitely will be asking questions and taking notes. :D

Cheers Jonnie

JoeyMac said:
Awesome, I'm a McIntosh. Are you anywhere near my homeland?

Welcome to the fun! :)

It depends on what you call near. :wink: It's not a big country. The darker areas of this map are an hours drive away. But that's a drive I would plan on making, where as you might make that length of journey without a thought. As Einstein might have said "It's all relative". It looks like the Mcintoshes were pretty much all over Scotland.

Cheers Jonnie

Do you ever get up near Orkney? Id like to see pics of your area. I bet it's beautiful.
J

I am floored every day by the fact that we, as Rat Bikers are all over the world...Is it the bikes...the art...the "making" (creation)...It's ALL GOOD~ :mrgreen:

jtdaddy said:
Do you ever get up near Orkney? Id like to see pics of your area. I bet it's beautiful.
J

I've never made it to Orkney. I've been lucky enough to have visited a lot of the islands on the west coast, which are beautiful. It's certainly on a list, as I'd like to visit all of Scotland.

Perthshire is lovely. I'll get some photos the next time we go for a ride and post them over in the My Neighborhood thread. It's great seeing where everybody else lives and rides.

bikeriderx said:
I am floored every day by the fact that we, as Rat Bikers are all over the world...Is it the bikes...the art...the "making" (creation)...It's ALL GOOD~ :mrgreen:
Yeah! Its good:D!

Welcome from Co. Durham, England :D

Welcome to the forum. My great grandmother was a McGeehee. Been to many Highland Games festivals here in the states but haven't been to Scotland - yet. Cheers.

Back