Greetings from Minneapolis Minnesota - 1936 Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I've always loved biking... Think my first bike was a Fuiji mountain bike wayyy back. My first good bike was a Schwinn Mesa...GS? I beat that thing up and its still hanging in there. Last summer I got back into road cycling with a Specialized Allez Sport. I was helping a co worker find a good road bike and stumbled across a 1936 Schwinn...I fell in love with it and I had to have it! 1 day later i'm posting here! I was told the frame and fork are original but everything else is brand new. Only thing i can see through my novice eyes is that I need to readjust the rear fender...the front of it seems out of wack. What do you think?
My road bike:

Schwinn:
35816087.jpg

86111775.jpg

img2246fi.jpg

img2247df.jpg

img2248vu.jpg

img2249o.jpg

img2250vm.jpg

img2251wm.jpg

img2252g.jpg

WELCOME! :D

That schwinn is killer!
I'd ride the schnotts outta that one!! :wink:

Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. You may want to try a spacer between the fender and the crank housing. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Crassly said:
Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan. You may want to try a spacer between the fender and the crank housing. Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.

Thanks Crassly, and everyone else! Are you in the Twin cities? If so, what's your favorite bike shop? I'm new to the area and was thinking of starting at one on one.

Not the Twin Cities, I'm in Ottertail. If you look on the left side, under my avatar and name, it gives my location. I suggest you edit your profie to include where you are.

cool Schwinn! and its good to here that there still a few mesas around they were a good bike!

Troy

welcome from Andover, Minnesota!
Glad to see more and more Minnesotans joining the forum we might be able to make an monthly ride at this rate!

Nick.

Back