greetings from Kingman.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salutations! I have been playing peek-a-boo here off and on as I have no computer, and must resort to a semi smart phone. I have attended several events in and around Wichita, and have enjoyed every one of them. (my t-shirt stack threatens to overwhelm me). I ride almost year round on old bikes, almost because I don't expect my kid to be as dedicated as me. There are currently 56 bikes in our household. Some rebuilt, some retro, some waiting rebuilding, and some that probably won't get rebuilt. I just put an engine on an older Huffy bike that I had painted copper metallic and trimmed out in black. I also have an older trike cargo bike (basket in front between wheels) that I would like to make into something to carry my neice in till she gets big enough to ride by herself. I enjoy the how to section the most. Lots of good ideas. until later....

Welcome Iron Horse!

Im assuming you know about the Coasters? sounds like you do, if you have a bunch of T-shirts! :D

Dont forget the spring swap meet coming up in April http://www.midwestbicycleswap.com we can help you thin down that herd of 56 bikes! or help you build it up :lol:

Welcome to the site! You are in some good company! Kansas has quite a few very talented builders. & definatly don't miss the Swap Meet in April! Lots of cool stuff & some really great deals! 8)

udallcustombikes said:
Welcome! If I am correct I look forward to riding your hi-wheeler again.

Unfortunetly I'm not the one with the hi-wheeler. He is the only other collector in town that I know of. If you have seen his Sears Spyder 5, I am the one who sold it to him. I have the cousin to that bike still in my basement (same color, more chrome, short sissy bar, speedo and am radio).

Iron Horse said:
udallcustombikes said:
Welcome! If I am correct I look forward to riding your hi-wheeler again.

Unfortunetly I'm not the one with the hi-wheeler. He is the only other collector in town that I know of. If you have seen his Sears Spyder 5, I am the one who sold it to him. I have the cousin to that bike still in my basement (same color, more chrome, short sissy bar, speedo and am radio).

In that case I am looking forward to meeting you.

well, I am back after a very busy holiday season (and expensive one too). Hope everyones was good. I finally found some parts for an older 10 speed that was in great shape and was just thrown away! This had one of those derailers with the solid cable rear shifter. I thought it was salvageable, but after cleaning and oiling it up, went to run it through its paces and the cable sheathing broke! figures. So I went to my parts bikes and found a piece of rust that after almost two hours of cleaning, became a working derailler. Yea for me! Hopefully I can get it done and off the rack so that I can get back to my 62 Typhoon. Just got it back from the powder coaters and having the vinyl decals put on. Had some questions about protecting the decals, But had some fellas help me out. Thanks again! To udall custom bikes, I look forward to meeting you too. I may have met you at the Midwest bike fest, I had the flat black stretch with red rims, and my daughter won the Steves choice award. However I have slept since then, and if I forget, please accept my appologies. Getting older is not being kind to me. If that Bendix sale falls through, let me know. I would be interested. Until later.

Saw your post on the coasters canal cruise. Noticed you are from Kingman, my hometown. Was in the last graduating class from the old high school.

MazdaFlyer said:
Saw your post on the coasters canal cruise. Noticed you are from Kingman, my hometown. Was in the last graduating class from the old high school.

Good to meet you! I am not originally from here, just moved looking for work after 9-11 eliminated my livelyhood, and my better half decided that over the road work wasn't to her liking anymore. After living in larger towns, it is nice to be in a smaller city where people wave at you with ALL their fingers, and random bullits do not find their way into my car doors (I was not in it -whew!-). Hope to meet you in person sometime.

aka_locojoe said:
My Mother grew up in Kingman.
Small world isn't it?

Back