Green Schwinn For Wife

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we went to the Air Force Museum in Dayton (Ohio) and on the way home we picked up this bike. The museum was a blast, there was so much to see. This time we got to see the Presidential and R&D planes, unlike last visit.

It's going to get a different seat, a black springed Mesinger I have here, and some new gumwall tires.

The bike is pretty cool, the speedometer works, and everything is original minus the seat. I'm going to remove the bottle holder and clean this one up. It should come out nicely. The text is worn off of the top bar on the frame a little, but that's ok with us.

Eventually I'm going to find a matching green bike with a men's frame for me. This is the only pic I have, as it's still outside in the car.

schwinn.jpg

I think she digs it (at least the colour). I talked her into this bike for the paved trails. The fenders have some dents and dings. Hopefully a body hammer and a heel dolly can minimize some of them.

Nice job! I'd say that one was worth the effort. It never fails to amaze me how nice some bikes will clean up. Gary

It did clean up nicely.

For now it has some Chinese wheels (until I learn to true up this front Schwinn wheel).

This one will be a keeper.

Back