Great to see the creativity on this site!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very new here and to modified bikes and after a good look around the gallery I must say that I am very impressed with the level of artistic vision, creativity and workmanship I have seen.
Very cool stuff guys and girls!

Regards
Gavin
New Zealand

Welcome to this site! You are right, an amazing number of very talented people can be found here. I love your country, I visited there on a business trip and found it to be a beautiful place with very cordial people.

So... and I ask this very tentatively.. is this the kind of place where these ideas will get me ritually dismembered with tyre irons under the next full moon???

Cutting to top tube out of a 1937 CCM Flyte frame (saving it incase it ever wants to go back) and making up a ladies bike curved tube to match the frame shape and faking lugs at the ends and making a Flyte ladies bike, that the factory never built?

And repainting the bikes in a way that the factory never did and fitting chain guards that were never fitted????

Runs for cover!!!!? :)

Regards
Gavin

I would say you are in the right place. However, I would not sacrifice a Flyte frame to make it into a girls bike.........sorry just got a chill up my spine :D It would forever kill the value of that bike. On the other hand, maybe you love your wife that much that you want to have matching his and hers Flytes. Guaranteed no one else will have that.....one of a kind. ...The thought still makes me sad :cry:

37ccmflyte said:
So... and I ask this very tentatively.. is this the kind of place where these ideas will get me ritually dismembered with tyre irons under the next full moon???

Cutting to top tube out of a 1937 CCM Flyte frame (saving it incase it ever wants to go back) and making up a ladies bike curved tube to match the frame shape and faking lugs at the ends and making a Flyte ladies bike, that the factory never built?

And repainting the bikes in a way that the factory never did and fitting chain guards that were never fitted????

Runs for cover!!!!? :)

Regards
Gavin

Hey, it's only a bike. It's not as if you are destroying your integrity or something. That has to be a great looking conversion. Post some pictures of it. I'd love to see how it came out.

HotRodRob said:
I would say you are in the right place. However, I would not sacrifice a Flyte frame to make it into a girls bike.........sorry just got a chill up my spine :D It would forever kill the value of that bike. On the other hand, maybe you love your wife that much that you want to have matching his and hers Flytes. Guaranteed no one else will have that.....one of a kind. ...The thought still makes me sad :cry:

Yeah, I wouldn`t do it either, they`re just too rare....and I still don`t have one! :mrgreen: But, I appreciate your creativity...

Didn't you guys just have a gigantic earthquake? Hope you are all alright down there!

I'm too, new to be saying "welcome aboard" , but welcome aboard.

A ton of talent here.

Latest posts

Back