Gotta love Craigslist!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just scored these completely free and I have an idea of what they are but any help is much appreciated!!!
Here is the score
DSCF1397.jpg

and here is what I believe to be a Hawthorne, but I have some close up pics for any help.
DSCF1401.jpg

Here is inside the head tube
DSCF1403.jpg

and the seat tube
DSCF1402.jpg

If you know what the girls bike is, that would be awesome too. Or if you even know what year they might be, that would help. Thanks! The serial # was on the boys frame was on the bottom of the bottom bracket and is 484428 with a slight space in between the 4844 and the 28

nice score and my favorite price ! the girls looks to be murray or sears the other not sure about but might be murray aswell ?

ya, I was thinking a Spaceliner but didn't see a year that looked like it, still unsure on the boys frame

that's a murray frame for sure. late 50's i'd say. it's the exact same frame as my 1957 murray meteor-flite i just built up last week. here's a pic for reference...

murray11.jpg

mikesbikes36 said:
man u lucky dog u ...i wish i could score all that stuff for free ..nice lookin haul punk..r those schwinn blade forks ...i like those !!!
ya, they are Schwinn blade forks, not sure if I'm gonna use them. I would be willing to trade both of them for a pair of forks with a truss rod, or Monark style springer(hehe).

fenderhole said:
that's a murray frame for sure. late 50's i'd say. it's the exact same frame as my 1957 murray meteor-flite i just built up last week. here's a pic for reference...

murray11.jpg
that is super nice, that is totally my frame, I was thinking going Boardtrack on this build
:D

the rear drop outs on the other bike remind me of the drop outs on my 1970's girls ross compact. (bicycle chain corp) which is actually stamped on the drop out.

i know yours is older, but i'd be looking towards murry/bicycle chain corp.

Back