Got this Western Flyer today...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know what model or year this bike might be....

Looked like this when I bought it..

7arumuhe.jpg

Within hour had it looking like this and ridable...

uhusaneq.jpg

egyjeju4.jpg

qy8ebude.jpg

And ill try to get the numbers off the bottom if someone can decode it for me....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

Definitely 50's made by Murray and yes the serial number would help date it. There some here with Western Auto catalogs to help out.

Numbers are....

35 X 10
MOU

A 24" girls bike. Not much you can do with that little thing. Find a 24" girl and give it to her. :p Gary

Thanks guys.... I knew it was a girls that's why it was a present to my gf last night. She wants to renew it....

B607 said:
A 24" girls bike. Not much you can do with that little thing. Find a 24" girl and give it to her. :p Gary
They are awesome for using the front half of the frames for stretches and the wheels are awesome if someone wanted to put thick bricks on their bikes. :D :D :D

So far the list for her bike includes...

Repaint - Sparkle Blue w/ Sparkle White
Rechrome - Handles, Wheels, Cranks, Chainring, Ect...

Felt Quick Bricks

ga4e9eta.jpg

Then this seat in either white or color below with matching handle grips...

rehu7ute.jpg

It will take a while with my money focused else where the next few months building my bike but it will get done and done right when we can.

That's not "Restoring" it, that's "Customizing" it. Don't get me wrong, it'll make it a cool rider for her. Have a great time, you two! 8)

That's what I ment sorry poor choice of word and I edited my post. :shake:

That new seat is nice. The old seat is nice too, since it is a boys seat. Someone will want that for a boys bike for sure. Gary

I'm keeping the seat for myself or a future build maybe... might recover it or leave it just like it it.... I was gonna get her a Brooks seat but she doesn't like them.

I found another one..... from the looks I think its a 80's model 26" women's bike but well see here are some pics it has quite a bit of natural Patina. I like it just needs different/new tires, tubes and maybe some TLC and a older seat.....

esujavyg.jpg

e5u4a7ej.jpg

apy9ygy2.jpg

ny8epygy.jpg

8ajugeta.jpg

ybepu6am.jpg

upese6uv.jpg

egagena5.jpg

6a2ave7a.jpg

B7503020

Is the year on that little sticker that says 11/80 or do I need to check vin number?

Back