Got me a Scrambler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Did a little horse trading with a guy on another forum and ended up with this little beauty. Haven't really had time to ride it yet, but I hope to change that this afternoon. The top tube is a tad short for me, my 200# but is crammed in there, but I'll manage.

nice KKT pedals? Are the bars powerbend? or do they just look curvy? HA! Nice number plate for sure. Tange Forks and all! is that an MCS stem? Mallet? nice pick up!

Yeah, it's decked out with all kinds of goodies. I may try to find a frame that fits me better and part this one out, but I'm in no rush for that. The only thing wrong with it that I've found is some sort of chemical got on the left hand grip and it's melted. Need to see if I can find me some new Mushrooms.

For those of you that know better than I do, what kind of value would you place on this bike? More out of curiosity than anything, I don't plan to sell it at the moment. I may end up going that way eventually just to get something a little roomier for me, though.

The parts would be more than the combined value of the bike.

Collecting Scramblers isn't as lucrative as the other brands...Redline, Mongoose, GT, Hutch, etc.

You'll have a hard time finding someone who wants to pay what the combined value of all the parts are for a Scrambler.

Typically Scramblers like that bring $100-$250 depending on condition.

Rat Rod said:
The parts would be more than the combined value of the bike.

Collecting Scramblers isn't as lucrative as the other brands...Redline, Mongoose, GT, Hutch, etc.

You'll have a hard time finding someone who wants to pay what the combined value of all the parts are for a Scrambler.

Typically Scramblers like that bring $100-$250 depending on condition.

Thanks, RR, that's kinda what I figured. No big deal, all I've got invested in it are a couple of bows that weren't doing anything but gathering dust.

Well, now I don't got me a Scrambler. Stopped by my LBS today (old school Schwinn dealer) and he traded me a '00 Diamondback Ignitor straight up. I know he probably got the better end of the deal, but the top tube on the DB is much longer and fits me better.

MCS stem - $100.
Wheel Set - $150
Zeronine Plate - $100
KKT Lightning Pedals - $75
Three Arrows Chainring - $50
Seat Clamp - $30
BMX Seat - $30
Scrambler Frame - $50
Tange Fork - $75
----------------------------
Total Parted on Ebay = $660

Hope that DB is pretty dang nice. :D

I mulled things over a bit and realized I made a rash decision. I cut out of the office early and went back to the bike store. The owner was really cool and let me have it back. I'm not 100% happy with the frame, and would be open to trades of any brand/age/condition as long as its rideable and has a long TT.

Also, I don't need/want the number plate. It'll be up for sale, or maybe a package deal with the frame.

That was a VERY wise decision. :wink:

Glad he was cool enough to swap back.

You can find a cool frame to swap out with a longer top tube and you'd have a sweet set up.

Back