Got an Old Jaguar off Craigslist today BELLS+WHISTLES

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Got an Old Jaguar off Craigslist today

Beautiful Radiant Green 8) ....excellent score!

Out of all my schwinns, come and gone, I have yet to run across one with the painted grips! I was very happy to see that then WITH THE WHITE FACE SPEEDO?! So good!

Yep,Thats a Red Band 2 speed.I'd take it apart for a good cleaning and regrease before riding much.That old Bendix grease could be very hard and waxy and you could damage the index spring and/or the clutch retarders...Awesome find btw,I've never seen those grips still wearing their paint either.Shes a real beauty I'd love to have it.

Looks great - congrats :)

what I wanna see is more pics of the van :)

Green Dragon said:
...what I wanna see is more pics of the van :)

Oh, that old thing? :D I think it is in nearly EVERY one of my photos of bikes...seriously at least 75% of them!

Here it is a couple years and more than a few miles back!

778654082_31efbd3d4c.jpg

Make sure you disassemble and reassemble the kickback correctly. They only come apart and go back a certain way. The index spring could be damaged and they're about 30 bucks, if you can find one. Check out johnsvintagebikes.com, there is a link on there for redband kickbacks.
Johnny

LOVE the van . killer.

I had a 63 years back, wound up junking it cause of the NY rust :(, always wanted another. < and I'm born & raised Chevy guy, so.... lol >

sweet bike find I will have to watch Portland craigslist closer!

Troy

Dear Troy, please don't!

:lol:
Hahahahgahaha

Just kidding there is enought to go around! Medford has some good Bmx stuff come up too. There is a monthly ride maybe come up some time!

heyslugger said:
Dear Troy, please don't!

:lol:
Hahahahgahaha

Just kidding there is enought to go around! Medford has some good Bmx stuff come up too. There is a monthly ride maybe come up some time!
understand the problem with availability of cool bikes. Central Oregon is not a very old area for development and Madras is were I seem to find the oldest bikes

Troy

P.S. Pm'd you

Back