Good will among Rat Rodders...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a long journey, but the shop is a reality!
I have had to overcome many obstacles and pitfalls in the past 3 years.
I really crashed and burned spiritually and got myself clean and sober.
Fathers Day will be my three year anniversary!
I have drank this dream plenty over the years and can now look clearly
into the future with NEW LIFE BIKES!
I just want to give a shout out to Rat Rod for having this awesome site,
and the bicycle community for being the coolest people online!

So far I've had visitors that have seen my posts on this site and have made special visits to my shop!
My J.C. Higgins is famous hahaha! I display her proudly in the window when she's not out being my work horse! :D

Watch out Mike and Frank!
Thanks for all the fun over the past bunch of years....
https://www.facebook.com/mastronaut?ref=hl
mastronaut

Awesome on the shop and 3 years. You are at a turning point, do not fall victim to the it's okay a little mentality. Voya con dios.

mikeeebikey said:
Awesome on the shop and 3 years. You are at a turning point, do not fall victim to the it's okay a little mentality. Voya con dios.

Thanks! You are so right, it's easy to fall into that trap when you feel good. I hit a turning point when I realized I can be ME and happy with out
alcohol. My bicyle addiction, now that's a whole nother story! :lol:

Mas, Congrats brother, I went through a 30 day program in 86, got clean and sober and eventually joined the Navy in 88, started drinking again in 89, married in 91, quit drinking in 94, and I have never looked back.
3 years is monumental, I know what you have been through, I'd have never made a 20 year year career in the Navy if I hadn't stopped letting a liquid control(ruin) my life .I am very proud of you, especially with the world around us going to crap, and yet there you are, making it happen, and standing tall through it all, an inspiration.
Bravo Zulu from this old Navy Chief Petty Officer

Mercsgarage said:
Mas, Congrats brother, I went through a 30 day program in 86, got clean and sober and eventually joined the Navy in 88, started drinking again in 89, married in 91, quit drinking in 94, and I have never looked back.
3 years is monumental, I know what you have been through, I'd have never made a 20 year year career in the Navy if I hadn't stopped letting a liquid control(ruin) my life .I am very proud of you, especially with the world around us going to crap, and yet there you are, making it happen, and standing tall through it all, an inspiration.
Bravo Zulu from this old Navy Chief Petty Officer

Them's very inspirational words from a true hero.

8) Thanks for your service!

Thanks for the tour of the shop Mark, I like what you are doing there! We will stop by again next time were in portland

Congratulations on both the store and anniversary! :D

I went into what ended up being a three month rehab for alcohol back in '05....was up to 2 qts. of vodka a day. Off and on over the years thought I was "cured" and would relapse.....finally wised up for good 18 months ago and welded that padora's box shut. I reckon that this bicycle addiction is a healthy one and never have any qualms of spending the $ that used to go for booze to now feed a fulfilling hobby.

Glad to learn of your success and best of luck with your store! 8)

sleepy said:
Congratulations on both the store and anniversary! :D

I went into what ended up being a three month rehab for alcohol back in '05....was up to 2 qts. of vodka a day. Off and on over the years thought I was "cured" and would relapse.....finally wised up for good 18 months ago and welded that padora's box shut. I reckon that this bicycle addiction is a healthy one and never have any qualms of spending the $ that used to go for booze to now feed a fulfilling hobby.

Glad to learn of your success and best of luck with your store! 8)

Good for you my friend, and for others around you. It's a tough road but there is light at the end of the tunnel for most of us who make it through...
Bless you and peace!

Latest posts

Back