GOLD STREET FILES 8/23/12 update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Well I decided to post my collection a little at a time, some are keepers, some I will sell but here's what I have as of the date at the top of the page.
1. 64sh (not sure the exact date ,serial# breakdown would help) Sears Spaceliner, 2 speed Bendix redband kickback,Nos Firestone tires. I picked this up off this site on a trade , I traded a 80 Robinson bmx frame, and it had been covered in gold paint (go figure) I buffed off the paint and the factory clearcoat and brought her back to this, replaced the rear reflector and found a tank on the bay (after looking over a year)
101_9428.jpg

2. 1950 Indian Scout "BOARDFEATHER" this was a buildoff bike from a couple years back, the coolest feature is the rare Sturney /Archer internal/external 3+3 speed from a mid sixties Western Flyer diamond frame, custom galvanized seat post,BSA cranks....very fast top end!!!
101_9427.jpg

3.79 Schwinn Spitfire 5, this is one of my more recent additions, just serviced the rear drum and put on the whitewalls,new cables including the positron, nos cable clamps, the correct seat should be in the mail anyday, just need to replace the grips with some in better shape, and fork out the forty bucks for decals.
101_9426.jpg

4.Mid Nineties Redline 24" cruiser, GT piston stem,redline hubs .crank,chainring,unknown bars, redline seatpost, random redline decals I installed,ect.... it is just a fun ride, one of my favorite riders.
101_9429.jpg

Re: GOLD STREET FILES 1/5/12

Nice bikes! :D The Spaceliner is sweet :wink:

The second bike is cool, but not so the seat position. It looks fast.

As I told you I would, here's some more.
5. 39 Columbia Newsboy (slightly modified) AKA known as "WISE GUy" last years build off bike specs list something like this rear wheel is two aluminum Pro Class mt bike wheels welded together lace up to a S/A three speed hub shifted by a modified thumb shifter under the seat, original old school Carslile Slick, blade fork modified to take a disc brake caliper, front wheel drilled to match the rear, drilled chainguard, flipped rams horn bars and vintage jeweled headlight turned LED.
101_9469.jpg

101_9470.jpg

6. 59 Royce Union middle weight, My son built this one, he don't get to ride it much as he is usually overwhelmed with school. but he ordered and picked all the parts himself, and painted it himself in one day for last years Cyclefest, its quite a ride!
101_9473.jpg

101_9471.jpg

101_9472.jpg

7. 65 Huffy Daisy-Daisy Tandem, I really like the fact that this came factory with ape hangers, I swapped the wheels and tires as the rims are real rusty and the tires were original (just not too safe with weight of this beast) but its fun for me and the kiddo
101_9474.jpg

101_9475.jpg

8. 81. Schwinn Cruiser Five , This is the bike I have had the longest bar none, great riding bike all original.
101_9476.jpg

9. 54 Schwinn Red Phantom Rat, origial paint on the frame ,newer tank, Kenda Flames on a set of rebuilt wheels rechromed hubs New Departure rear coaster, Torrington bars original ratted jeweled coke bottle grips, old wald Chainguard,old Schwinn Springer I cobbled together one of my favorite riders.
101_9477.jpg

101_9478.jpg

Re: GOLD STREET FILES 1/11/12 , 5 more added

That is a COOL Phantom :mrgreen:

for me its all about that rat phantom. i LOVE that bike

11. Sears Screamer 5 speed ,disk brake 20x16 project. just about have all the parts including nos sissy bar and the rat trap is on another project right now, just saving for the seat (very close) and the pics don't show the bars too well but they are curled on top. Hopefully soon I can take it apart for paint.
101_9495.jpg

101_9499.jpg

This is something like the finished product, that Railrider built
1screamer.jpg

12.70 ? Westpoint frame with Bendix blue band kickback , nos bars (hanging on front) I also have a rare Iverson mag going on the front (not shown) this one will be metallic gold when done.
101_9496.jpg

13.Unknown BMX frame I am piecing together , the hurdle is I need these forks for the screamer, not sure what I am replacing them with.
101_9497.jpg

14 65 Columbia Playboy, I was trying to sell but I think I will restore as it is a rare bike you just don't see restored.
101_9498.jpg

Re: GOLD STREET FILES 1/16/12 MUSCLEBIKES ECT

Overdue with the updates, the rain hasn't helped much. Here's my BFK stingray I have owned since new, I picked up a shock sissybar and took it apart and put all the parts on a tall sissybar I bought off a member here, and the lights and siren, well thats just the most fun I ever picked up off ebay for $5.00 shipped, the sissybar reflector is also off the bay. I have heard a lot of complaints about these bikes, chrome rusting,lack of build quality ect. but I have been real happy with mine, after all ,this is the one that got me into building bikes.
101_9590.jpg

101_9589.jpg

I built this one a couple years ago for a musclecar themed buildoff, this one started out as a Coast King frame, i changed the bars since the I originally built it, never did find a cable for the Bendix two speed hub, but someday. The coolest thing is the Dana three speed transmission, I ended up making my own shifter as I didn't like the twist grip it came with. It is due for a repaint and I need a longer banana seat for it, but its a fun rider right now, maybe even brakes sometime :lol:
101_9591.jpg

101_9592.jpg

Re: GOLD STREET FILES 2/17/12 two more!!

Sold this one for $20, couldn't muster asking any more
101_9622.jpg

Sold this one to a member here in the midwest $125 to ship ouch!
101_9607.jpg

Sold this one back to the original owner I bought it from, she is restoring it now
101_9610.jpg

Sold this on ebay
101_9482.jpg

Sold this one yesterday to a new neighbor, my son wanted $200 to have a enough money to put towards a laptop, He got what he wanted, sold within an hour.
101_9473.jpg

Re: GOLD STREET FILES 4/16/12 had to sell a couple

I figure I better update, way late!!!
Well since I moved I rebuilt this one 64 sears and traded for this schwinn tandem (still have it)
001-34.jpg

025-1.jpg

I also picked up this trike 64 Hawthorne
010-15.jpg

012-1.jpg

Picked up this 72 breeze and rebuilt and sold it
008-22.jpg

002-43.jpg

Had this pixie donated to my cause
004-32.jpg

This free spirit was also delivered for free
009-18.jpg