Going to the scrapyard, had to make a pit stop. PICS!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw this baby at a yard sale on my way to the scrapyard to turn in some junk. It's a Peugeot Folding bike. 3 speed cluster gear setup, Euro crank, drum brake in the rear, generator with a built in frame bracket, fenders, nice chrome, and it doesn't take up much space in the overcrowded shed.....what more could I ask for? Well I asked about a price............ :shock: $20 !!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Only thing I'm not liking is the wheel size 550 A, why couldn't it be something common that I have readily available like 20" or 24" or 26"........ :roll: But it is a good "in between" size and it fits me.
Needless to say It followed me home. GOT THE PICS!!!

PA060105.jpg

PA060106.jpg

PA060108.jpg

Allenburger brakes
PA060109.jpg

PA060110.jpg

PA060111.jpg

PA060112.jpg

PA060114.jpg

That is sweet it seems folding bikes seem to have a strong market and bring in the dough. Just missed a mint folding shwinn roundabout for $70

Sweet I know I could turn a profit, but I'm actually liking this one. And after seeing some of the folding bike build off ones I am thinking I need one in my stable. I got it oiled up and tires aired up, Had to do the old "roll and tuck" with some 24" tubes :oops: Rides great and that drum brake is really effective!

If the original paint wasn't so nice I'd go ratty with it like Chimichanga's folding bike before pictures:

foldup.jpg

foldup1.jpg

Tada! mines a 4 speed lol and it was basicly free and has that stupid tire size and the rear tire is dead.
100_2275.jpg

deorman said:
http://www.everybicycletire.com/Shopping/c-16-22-inch.aspx?resetfilters=true

Thanks Deorman, I also found some 22" x 1.75's on Ebay are those the same as well?

Spokeshave said:
You're on a roll lately! You should do well with it.

Yeah I been bringing home bikes since I was a kid, Guess I never outgrew it... :mrgreen: I'd have to say this is the best I've drug home since my Hercules.

If you look at alot of the stuff on it, alot of it is branded Peugeot lol even the bell on mine is Peugeot, youll really enjoy the ride when it's fixed, these little guys ride very nice.

Hsean said:
If you look at alot of the stuff on it, alot of it is branded Peugeot lol even the bell on mine is Peugeot, youll really enjoy the ride when it's fixed, these little guys ride very nice.

Yeah I been riding it around, Only complaint is the seat is still the original and not as comfy as I like (I'm used to big cruiser seats) so it may get swapped out but other than that I love it.

I'd think the corrct seat would be like the one on mine, I found another one of them seats today, last week on a exercise bike and this garbage day on the same exact exercise bike lol lots of good parts on those, best part is the seats whent the weird size ones, they where normal spring seats

Hsean said:
I'd think the corrct seat would be like the one on mine, I found another one of them seats today, last week on a exercise bike and this garbage day on the same exact exercise bike lol lots of good parts on those, best part is the seats whent the weird size ones, they where normal spring seats

well I am assuming my seat is original, it does say Peugeot on it though

Could be from another Peugeut, I think it's weird it would have a springless seat,most folding bikes i've seen had springs

Hsean said:
Could be from another Peugeut, I think it's weird it would have a springless seat,most folding bikes i've seen had springs

yeah I swapped it out for a spring seat, much better ride

Back