Going Nowhere Fast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20230818_170621669.jpg

Schwinn XR7

First thing on the list is go by the old house and grab as many boxes of bike parts as I can and bring them here. Got to shuffle the insides of the garage here around some too. Oh and tools, gotta bring them here too! I need a bigger truck and a bigger garage!

My initial inspiration was a lowrider style XR I saw on Instagram, complete with continental kit and many twisted and gold parts. Not my style but pretty cool and I saw the potential.

Wait.
Is this going to stay a stationary bike? Or are you going to turn it into an actual, rideable bicycle?
im confused about where this is going.
But are you confused about where it is going...fast? 😂

Wait.
Is this going to stay a stationary bike? Or are you going to turn it into an actual, rideable bicycle?
im confused about where this is going.
Come on man, one day into this buildoff and you want me to give up all my secrets? I will instead show you a post I saw a while back on a different platform.
Screenshot_20230902-031704~2.png

Last edited:
I need to lengthen the chain a bit to seat the axle better. Why? The dropout on the other side is a bit shorter having no chain guard attachment. So I was thinking about the original drive cog vs the cog on the Lester.
IMG_20230901_113105015~3.jpg

How many links, trial and error? No the Lester's cog is bigger, but by how many teeth? Exact positioning will require an even amount of teeth in the difference or a half link.

Haha! My two back wheels have different cogs on them...
16938709354968940597812996530285.jpg

The black one has a 16 tooth cog that's +2 so an inside link and an outside link....

Last edited:
no polish YET just a wool wheel
IMG_20230904_191012111.jpg

I got a pack of them dirt cheap and quick on TEMU. It ain't chrome but I'm thinking a bit of toothpaste on the wool and these bare metal forks are gonna be close to it.

no polish YET just a wool wheel
View attachment 247254
I got a pack of them dirt cheap and quick on TEMU. It ain't chrome but I'm thinking a bit of toothpaste on the wool and these bare metal forks are gonna be close to it.
They are an underutilized piece. I love those fork arms. Chopped up a set for my 2019 build off bike.

Screenshot_20200520-195052_Samsung Internet.jpg
20200528_183450.jpg
20201018_105145.jpg

Haha! Pretty cool and looks like you left yours in bare metal too. I've been busy on other projects but will get back on it ASAP.

Most of you guys are dragging your feet!
I thought I was the only one Going Nowhere Fast.
I haven't posted any progress in a while and still sat in the forth spot! Best hustle, November might get a little cold out in the garage, or HOT for you folks half a world away...

Last edited:
So some small progress. I stole the bars off of my swing bike and I cleaned up the dash removing the egg timer and drag brake. I've got a carbon fiber skin I can apply, should look pretty cool.
IMG_20230917_182146532.jpg

It's got a rusty seatpost just checking on length and I will probably finish buffing the paint off the rest of the "forks" soon. I was debating on leaving some paint and featuring a nice striped transition but... meh. I do have a cool idea for the chain guard as the original is ugly and a normal one is backwards for what I need. But it's a secret till I find what I need.

Latest posts

Back