Girls Western Flyer Identification help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, I am having a little trouble trying to ID a bike I picked up recently. Its a girls Western Flyer by Western Auto, skip tooth chain, peaked fenders and springer fork. I picked it up for a song, but it is in need of a lot of work. It has been repainted, the original color appears to be blue. I found a serial number, H69486, I believe it is a 1951, but info has been hard to come by. I have found one picture of a boys western flyer with the same style fork and chain guard, but nothing for the girls. I would like to restore it, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all of your help!

No dispute over the year--I think 1951 is spot-on. Couldn't locate an example that is exactly like your CWC-framed step through. This is the closest image I could find, but there ARE differences.

9445980.jpg

RustySprockets, thank you for the info. It's nice to know that mine doesn't appear to be missing too many parts. Maybe they had different "trim levels" in 1951, I will continue my search for any catalogs or advertising.

RustySprockets, thank you for the info. It's nice to know that mine doesn't appear to be missing too many parts. Maybe they had different "trim levels" in 1951, I will continue my search for any catalogs or advertising.

They did indeed offer different levels of tack. This one sports a different chainring, a tank, and truss rods that also serve as crash guards, but the frame itself is identical.

Back