girls rat rod bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long overdue bump for this thread. Here is a Murray I put together yesterday. Patina with flat clear. Added the basket cause lots of ladies love the baskets on their older bikes.
CAM00773.jpg

I guess I haven't put them out here, so here are a couple of them.
The Starchief, my first rat bike build back in 2007 for Crazy Mae, many of the items and ideas were hers, glass door knob hand grips, 57 Chevy hood ornaments, a license plate box, the Starchief script on the chain guard, rusty patina, the "big butt" seat from exercise bike, its a classic rat bike.

Then there is her $5 garage sale bike, that been powder coated and painted her favorite color ORANGE. With details like the glass gear shift knob she got from her grandpa mounted on the stem bolt and the number 13 pool ball mounted on the kickstand bolt.

Long overdue bump for this thread. Here is a Murray I put together yesterday. Patina with flat clear. Added the basket cause lots of ladies love the baskets on their older bikes.
View attachment 3892

:blush:I have that same detachable basket on a Huffy Cranbrook that was given to me last year. It's usually my go to the hardware store, grocery..... and other places here in town now and then bike. The basket tends to be very handy. Got lucky and found it on WalMarts website for under $10. Apparently it was a one day deal because the very next day they rolled the price back up.

s5wC3H6.jpg

Heres just one of many girls bikes I have done. I hate to see them parted out too! I hated it when my boyfriend had all these girls frames that he took all the parts off and I couldn't let him scrap them so I started taking them all and rebuilding them. I had to give up after awhile cause now I have like 18 girls bikes and about 6 carcasses in my basement. I finally ended up saying "just don't show them to me , I don't even want to know about them" That's how I became a bike hoarder. I blame it all on him :)

ZB2urAN.jpg

Another Columbia Thunderbolt. Painted around the original logo. This bike was originally going to have pale pink rims and fenders but due to a mix up on my part (I was building two bikes at the same time) I mixed up the fenders so that this bike ended up with the turquoise and subsequently the brown tires. I ended up loving this one!

Latest posts

Back