• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD GIRDER fork.. vintage light motorcycle ++Fits 29er

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Thought I would put this to good use but here it sits... I've made numerous conceptual designs for this fork but never more than that, time for it to relocate..

I was told this may have come from an AJS but have not found any photo evidence to prove or disprove.
Center of axle to top of top clamp is 25.5", center of axle to center of upper pivot is 23.5", pivot links are 3.25" center to center.
Phone pics 2016 439.jpg
This would be awesome for a moped or motorized bike project as it is ready take a drum brake. Axle drop outs are slightly larger than a typ bicycle front hub axle but bushings could always be made. Tons of room for a bigger tire! That's a quick brick mounted in there.
Phone pics 2016 442.jpg

Awesome original burgundy paint with gold pinstripes. I had the lower cross link made to fit, threads tapped in the ends and a grease fitting. Center to center on the pivots is 7-3/4 inch. Upper clamp fits an undersize 1" od tubing. I was envisioning a steerer tube similar to a Schwinn springer.
Phone pics 2016 441.jpg

Phone pics 2016 447.jpg

I had the lower link made, stainless steel, drilled through, tapped ends with grease fitting.

I have tried to show measurements as best I can, if there is more info you need please don't hesitate to ask.

Asking $450 shipped with insurance in the lower 48. Paypal preferred

Attachments

• Phone pics 2016 444.jpg
    Phone pics 2016 444.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 308
Incredible fork!!!

Well, a super quick Google search shows you can get a royal Enfield (meh) girder for around the same price, but its new (double meh) and, not measured and sized for a bicycle. It might fit, but... this one here looks like a great deal for sure.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

looks like a harley davidson hummer fork. little 1 cylinder bike that use to go 55 mph tops

Very similar to a Hummer fork. Looks like many of the Hummer forks had cut outs which looks pretty cool. Trying to make them look like welded up tubing a bit.. If I could find an HD emblem on it I could triple my price right?

No. Evwn though they are rare they arwnt worth much lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

It appears that the easiest way would be to pickup a vintage girls fork as they usually have a longer tube. I bet that with a little measuring, you could find a perfect match where this top mount would slide right onto the fork and take up the extra thread area when installed on a mens frame. Then cut off the majority of the fork legs and drill through both legs to weld the lower mount in. Just make sure that the angles are equal on both the upper and lower links, done deal!

Latest posts

Back