Ghost in the Sun

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently put my Phantom together so I could go for cruiser rides with a friend. I got it a year ago off of ebay for really cheap. It came with the original fenders and seat pan but no head badge or headlight. I wish the headlights didn't sell for so much so I could put the original fenders back on. The locking springer even came with the key. I need to find some S-2 rims for it and some original grips. It sure does ride nice but that big gear on the front sure makes it hard to get rolling from a standing start. I love it and hope to complete it one day.

ghost.jpg

Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg

ghost2.jpg

Very nice! I am curious, since you mentioned it, how many teeth are on the front sprocket? Now that I look at it it looks huge! :D

should be 52 teeth on it.
also there are repop lights around (about 90 for everything) but be aware i bought one for my b6 when i was going to put it back to stock but the curves are alittle off and youd have to shave it down to get a good fit.think youre best bet would be find the original light housing w/o the battery tray and light and get the repop battery tray and switch
btw nice bikes :mrgreen:

BAD TO THE BONE! That is my dream bike right there. :| I'm envious of you. :mrgreen: Lucky man you are!

Uncle Stretch said:
Very nice bikes....Im partial to the black one though. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks Uncle Stretch! I am partial to it as well, mostly because it was my first rat build and it's one of a kind. I don't let too many people ride it they always have to ride the phantom.

Juggler said:
Very nice! I am curious, since you mentioned it, how many teeth are on the front sprocket? Now that I look at it it looks huge! :D

Thanks Juggler! Sensor is right it has 52 teeth, there are some steep hills on the bike paths I ride on and you have to get it up to speed before the incline or you can't make it up without walking.

sensor said:
should be 52 teeth on it.
also there are repop lights around (about 90 for everything) but be aware i bought one for my b6 when i was going to put it back to stock but the curves are alittle off and youd have to shave it down to get a good fit.think youre best bet would be find the original light housing w/o the battery tray and light and get the repop battery tray and switch
btw nice bikes :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info Sensor, I agree with getting an original housing for it instead of reproduction. I got some light trays in a box of old horns so I will have to check if any of them fit.

ricksterr1221 said:
BAD TO THE BONE! That is my dream bike right there. :| I'm envious of you. :mrgreen: Lucky man you are!

:D Thanks Rickster1221 It's one of my dream bikes too! Keep on the lookout for them they are out there. I had to buy this one because the circumstances were perfect. The ebay listing title was spelled wrong, it was local pickup only and I was only an hours drive away. I have never seen another phantom for sale in Ontario Canada before either. Good luck finding your ghost!

Great! :D Now in addition to everything else I'm looking for, I gotta keep an eye out for a 52 tooth sprocket! :mrgreen:

Sweet man! I want that sprocket! I have huge quads, I have bigger legs than alot of our h/schools football team, There all like HOW THE heck ARE YOUR LEGS SO BIG?! I say, go look in the bike rack :mrgreen: I already do go flying by roadies on bikes with my horn blowing smiling with my 3x shirt flappin in the wind lol :D There shake there head and smile. :p I will someday own one of them i promise myself lol. Your lucky to have found one, i seen one at the fleamarket, it was a frame and some parts, fricken 700 dollars! i was like wth. anyways man, Take care of that badbutt bike, and Keep on peddlin 8)

ricksterr1221 said:
I have huge quads, I have bigger legs than alot of our h/schools football team, There all like HOW THE heck ARE YOUR LEGS SO BIG?! I say, go look in the bike rack :mrgreen: I already do go flying by roadies on bikes with my horn blowing smiling with my 3x shirt flappin in the wind lol :D There shake there head and smile.

:lol:I on the other hand do not have huge quads. I guess I need to ride this more cause I only weigh 145lbs this thing is almost half my weight :lol:

Haha, im 280, Im a big kid lol, yeah these old schwinns are HEAVY. My panthers a beast :D Id like trade all my schwinns for your one. I want that thing so bad. Have you seen my panther? :eek:

Back