Ghost Bikes: good idea(?) from tragic events

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JaxRhapsody said:
Next time a ped is hit, im gonna post up a manequin in a white bed sheet.

Haha! Yes.

I'm going to start putting up white chicken statues in front of KFC... hey, don't put this past the PETA people.

heyslugger said:

From the article:

"It's a sacred symbol and for someone to come along and steal it, that's sad for our culture," said Judd Palmer, who lives near the intersection."

I understand, or I don't... I don't know, not quite sure I agree with the term "sacred symbol" it's a cheap bike spray painted white, sure, it's a symbol, but, I don't know...

As for parts being robbed from them, sure, it's going to happen. Why not have something made similar to those bicycle shaped bike racks, if you really care enough, how about pay for somethinglike that to be put up at the site?

One more thing I forgot to mention, and again, my previous post was just my quick knee-jerk reaction to the whole thing. Perhaps I might've read into it too far. But I will say, wether you agree with the reasoning behind the ghost bike or not, we can all agree it's pretty messed up to steal one. Talk about bad karma. What do they put up if someone on a stolen ghost bike gets hit and dies by the way?

TheHumongous said:
One more thing I forgot to mention, and again, my previous post was just my quick knee-jerk reaction to the whole thing. Perhaps I might've read into it too far. But I will say, wether you agree with the reasoning behind the ghost bike or not, we can all agree it's pretty messed up to steal one. Talk about bad karma. What do they put up if someone on a stolen ghost bike gets hit and dies by the way?

A white and red bike :roll:

Well, you could weld all the parts on.

Back