Get out the popcorn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How dare you! :x Just kidding :lol:. Let 'em hate. Nice bikes.

Yikes!, they seem a bit snooty. That kind of retention just sucks all the fun out of bikes. :(
Looking at museum pieces can't match a rideable bike, and by that I mean the one you want to ride.

Those guys always have to say something. I bet you will escape from much ridicule. It is better to have something on the road instead of the scrap heap.

maybe, once they saw the goose they realized their bikes might not be as cool as they thought they were, or maybe they realized your bikes might outnumber theirs, if their bike met your bike in a dark alley and only one came out, its clear who it would be :mrgreen:

btw - my favorite stig clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omj9qJCI ... re=related

xddorox said:
I just found it hilarious that some people would get their underpants in a bunch over a bike like that. :mrgreen: No comments about the Goose so far, maybe they chocked or sprayed their coffee over the keyboard.
LOL that's awesome. :D

That is definitly the best Stig clip I've ever seen.That was hillarious. :lol:

I dunno, the upright stem and chop-n-flops are kinda killing me too. Sorry.

I really like "gentleman's roadsters" if I had a Raleigh like that I would keep it the way it was, except for building up a killer wheelset.

Obviously, it's your bike, and I generally try not to critique unless asked, and even then to be constructive.

I think the CCM looks awesome, and so does the Rat Rod Cruiser.

People are gonna say what they think in whatever way they want, hiding behind a keyboard and a computer screen.

I am a regular on the Classics/Vintage board of BIkeforums. The guys and gals on there are actually pretty cool. At least they are compared to the Road forum that I used to post to all the time. The road forum is just the worst!

the cv forum guys get out of hand sometime (take themselves far to seriously), but if you want to see a real brawl mosey on over to the singlespeed fixed gear forum and read through the jackass and posted pics threads :shock:

i rarely go to Bikeforums anymore now that I've discovered RatRodBikes. there is 0 negativity in here and that's very refreshing in this day and age of internet jackarses.

Gerry, to me the Raleigh Sport was nearly perfect in the first photo. Great color, fenders, saddle. Then you kind removed a lot of what I feel was classy & cool on it. If you like it that way that's quite alright, enjoy what you built.

Maybe you could find another frame to build your fauxie around and return the Raleigh to its former classic state.

IMG_0375.jpg

What a bunch of jacka**es! You don't have to like someone elses ride, but have respect. I dig the green bike, but I'd have different handle bars on it. But it's cool on your bike, they do remind me of Texas long horns thou :D. See, an honest opinion that didn't offend anyone, (I hope :shock: )I havn't been on to many other bike forums, Atomic Zombie and CBN are the others I go to, but all the other places seem to have narrow-minded stuffy jerks. And your red 'n yellow cruiser with the street sweeper fenders did spend time as my background, that thing is awsome :!:

I've seen worst boards elsewhere too. I did swing by the fixed gear/single speed section and saw bullets flying in a "why no brakes" thread. Very entertaining to say the least. As for the Raleigh, I do understand how some people don't really like it, or hate it out right. If I had gotten my hands on that bike 10 years ago it may have come out different. Right now I am at a point where less is better and I want to be able to look at that frame/fork and just admire it. I just consider myself lucky that it came with that Brooks which is very comfortable for my older bottom and I didn't have to change it. I will admit that I was trying to be trendy with the chopped up drop bars, but they turned out to be perfect for riding this baby. Sometimes form does follow function. I guess I'll stop bothering people and go back where I belong, in the alt bike section and here of course. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back