Genesis Onyx 29er Build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Genesis Onyx 29er Tires

jayblok said:
Bigcam59 said:
technically any 29er tire or 700c hybrid tire will work. I got a good deal on some 40c reverse whitewalls...black sidewall, white tread.
bbc1-1.jpg

They worked pretty well, and made the bike less sluggish feeling as well : )
I was wondering how to get rid of the sluggishness :D ,BTW,is that a freewheel between the wings? 8)
actually, it's a coaster brake sprocket. : )
Nice work with the fatties! Let us know how it rides when it's all together.

Re: Genesis Onyx 29er Tires

technically any 29er tire or 700c hybrid tire will work. I got a good deal on some 40c reverse whitewalls...black sidewall, white tread.
bbc1-1.jpg

They worked pretty well, and made the bike less sluggish feeling as well : )
Bigcam59 what brand fenders are you running on the onyx?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bigcam59 what brand fenders are you running on the onyx?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Wish I could remember. The bike was sold almost a year ago. I think they were just your average plastic hybrid fender.

Wish I could remember. The bike was sold almost a year ago. I think they were just your average plastic hybrid fender.

Thanks Bigcam! I saw some Cascadia 29er fenders for mtn bikes that look very similar that look like they would work. Like your handlebars too! Just picked up an Onyx for $50 on CL has no fenders. Got all the stickers off except the two ONYX stickers on the top bar are the only ones left and seem to need a little more effort to remove. Any tips for getting those out of that light clear coat?

Well how's this project going? I'm starting to change the same things around on my OneX. I could use a little help myself.

Back