General Lee...ryediculis

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have my specs or Nitro Glycerine nearby so
can someone varify that that sez TWO MILLION !?!?!?!

:shock: :shock:

Ill wait for the bicycleTony auction.... :mrgreen:

what a Joke..
I own 2 Old Cars....and have grown up around Piles of beautiful Customs.

we live in a Society filled with greed....Barret Jackson has
bastardized the Value of Cars...and E bay has only helped move them..

It better come with a Life time of Free Towing from Cooter. :mrgreen:

Clothespin "n" said:
what a Joke..

I couldn't agree anymore with that statement. Now you look at an old car for sale and 4 or 5 years ago would be $500 now they want $4500. It's just crazy what that thur tv contraption does to people. Oh velvet ears GEEE GEE. :mrgreen:

Clothespin "n" said:
what a Joke..
I own 2 Old Cars....and have grown up around Piles of beautiful Customs.

It better come with a Life time of Free Towing from Cooter. :mrgreen:

Here goes another boring "when I wuz yer age I hadda walk thru a foot of snow" stories....But, I wish I knew back in the 70's how wack car value was going to be now. My '67 GTO I paid 150.00 for based on non-stock engine out of a newer firebird(400) and it needed a timing chain. I threw the chain and some non-nylon gears and had a great beater hotrod for about 250.00 !! I paid 1500.00 for a Cougar that I turned into a 13 second bracket car for a few hundred more. 'Camaros, Chevelles, GTO's Dusters 340's, NoVa SS's ....the stuff that filled MiCky D parking lots in every city in every state could be gotten for 1000+ or so dollars if you looked hard enuff. These prices are KrAzY !!
Ok. OK...shut up old man......
rant2.gif

I have a very hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that this car is actually worth 2Mil+. It may sell for that amount but I don't think it's worth it.

For the recoed, I'm a HUGE fan of musclecars, Mopars especially so. But 2 mil? C'mon....

I wonder what is fueling the enormous amounts these cars bring? I remember when $100K for a numbers matching Hemi 'Cuda was considered unreal.

Years back, when I bought my '71 'Cuda 340 for $3k, many friends thought I paid waaaaay too much on it. Nowadays, you can't get a decent louvered fender for that amount.

Yep, the prices are crazy!

-Mp

*I see it's now up to 9 mil, I suspect somebody's messing with the auction?

if i had money to throw around (10 million?!?) , i would buy this car, beat the crap out of it, then torch it... and videotape the whole thing. then i would sell the only copy of the tape, on ebay, for $1.00... as a "buy it now" auction.

oh yeah,
with free shipping. :p

Id get it and do a demolition dirby with a ton of trailer queen cars like the 1's boyd cottington makes lol

Okay...this has to be a joke now...9 MILLION!!!

It wasn't even used in the stinkin TV series....just the lame movie...LOL!!!

Crack is apparently easier to access than I thought. :shock:

Q: Yesterday I watched in amazement as the bidding for the General went over $6 mil! Today is has been lowered to a rediculous $2+ mil. What went on yesterday that made the bidding go so high? Why did come down? Thanks, Charlie Fort Worth, Texas

May-02-07
A: Thanks for your question. We have had great difficulty weeding out the serious from the silly. Apparently, the bidding went wild yesterday as some sort of prank. This is sad because this is a serious auction and needs to be treated as such. We have come up with a way that serious bidders can participate in the auction but it does require some effort on their part. SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY PLEASE! Thanks again for your question. John

october said:
if i had money to throw around (10 million?!?) , i would buy this car, beat the crap out of it, then torch it... and videotape the whole thing. then i would sell the only copy of the tape, on ebay, for $1.00... as a "buy it now" auction.

oh yeah,
with free shipping. :p

OK.....I Can I be the Camera Man..
and you can be the Molotoff Coctail Bomber :mrgreen:

Back