Gaskill's Hop Shop: Drag Bike "Lady Stardust"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gaskill's Hop Shop has been working late nights retooling this beloved drag bike. Once seen on the drag circuits in the 50's, we are now spending numerous hours restoring it to its original style. When we found the bike it only had the orginal frame. We're searching for historic representations of all the other parts. I give it about a month and you will be seeing this fast bike on the black top again.
Picture030.jpg

Re: Gaskill's Hop Shop: Drag Bike (No Name Yet)

haha, thats kool. another Lady's bike . welcome to the Lady's pack. now i know we will spank the little boys. lol nice bike

Outlaw

Re: Gaskill's Hop Shop: Drag Bike (No Name Yet)

hehehehehehehehe, you'll see.lolwe are a goin spanking. lol

Outlaw

threw some paint on the lady stardust this week. this is a pretty simple build, i'm trying to make a bare bones hot rod hope it works out.
DSC05589.jpg

DSC05590.jpg

and a "LOON" gas tank for the front. "GO WITH LOON!!!"
DSC05592.jpg

loon that is funny cool gotta love a bike with a beer can on it

well i've been working on the lady, and i'm to this point. i will be running a 24x3 white wall back there to give it a more drag look. the paper notes are for the pintstriper, i'll be dropping a couple bikes off there tomorrow so the next time you see the bike it will be almost complete.
DSC05722.jpg

DSC05723.jpg

DSC05724.jpg

DSC05725.jpg

This is one of my favs.It's gonna be killer lettered up.Lines and placement are great :mrgreen: .Curious which way you go with the seat.

Seat choice is always the hardest for me.I've been keeping it simple lately because of it.You have a great eye and I wondered which way you would go.If this were mine it would go like this:
I'd have the perfect plain white seat.Comfy,good looking,simple, and would totally plan to use it.It would be on the bike the whole time it was coming together.I'd use it for the shakedown and be happy with it.
Then one night when it's almost done,after some Saphire and tonics,I'd look at it and think "That seat is all wrong".
My mind would race and I'd start searching for inspiration.Dragster....um...Muscle car.....ah Muscle bike....Banana seat.....but you don't like banana seats.
On and on.
Then I'd remember seeing something back in the day and look for it like this.
ed36_1.jpg

It would be almost there but not quite right.It needs to be white and bigger,and it will need a sissy bar.
I'd spend endless amounts of time looking for "THE" seat and over pay for it when I finally found it.Then the sissy bar it came with wouldn't suit me,so I'd start searching for that.
I'd get some huge overpriced bar because it was "THE" bar.
I'd post pics.Everyone would say "Sick bike, but it needs a wheelie bar".
Same search again.
I'd have it all together,finally convince myself it was done and it wouldn't fit in the truck.
I'd put on the original plain white seat and be blown away,and it would stay on the bike forever. :lol:

Sorry for the long post. I love how simple this bike is and unique at the same time.The little things like the stance, painted light,and letter placement make it great.I think I stare at my bikes to much and spiral off that course.You definitly have your style down and I dig it. :mrgreen:

haha, i appreciate it. i hear ya, i get lost in looking at bikes. you have to look at the bike for atleast a couple of hours before you can put a part on. then it might be the wrong part, then more hours. i've learned to go with the gut and try not to second guess myself, but man is it hard sometimes. the plans for this bike have been pretty concrete, so i'm glad to hear that you are diggin' the lady. and its nice to hear that i have a style, thats something you work for and work for and hopefully everything starts to connect. so its great when others can see the trend.

I usually have an idea first from a part or something i see first then have to put it together the way I want.It's easier I think when you have a whole bike already.
Higgins and The Lady drag race would be killer.We'd need a sick wholeshot pic with smoke and Lady Stardust doing a crazy, twisted wheelstand :mrgreen: .

Back