Fullsize tank in a jaguar frame

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 63 jaguar yesterday and immediately started thinking of what I want to do with it. The frame has two clips under the top frame tube which im sure are there to mount a slimline tank. I want to put a fullsize tank on the bike and I was wondering what sort of modifications I need to do to accomplish the task. Will I need to add more clips? I cam tell im going to have a lot of questions about this bike. :smile:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The frame is the same size as the bikes that take tanks. I'd check the fit before I cut the slimline tabs off. Do you need a tank?

Wildcat said:
The frame is the same size as the bikes that take tanks. I'd check the fit before I cut the slimline tabs off. Do you need a tank?
I will definitely check first. I do need a tank.

I had this tank on my 80 Typhoon, but decided to take it off. Someone had cut the brackets to make it fit the wrong kind of bike. This is made for a Schwinn. I was going to repair the brackets but it fit snugly when I put it on the bike, so it didn't need any work. There's just a little residue from some stickers that were on it, otherwise it's excellent. I'd like $50 for it and that includes shipping as long as it's in the states.

izytjl.jpg

11jn0jo.jpg

Depending where the slimline tabs are, you may not have to take them off if the brackets clear them.
972vqb.jpg

Wildcat said:
I had this tank on my 80 Typhoon, but decided to take it off. Someone had cut the brackets to make it fit the wrong kind of bike. This is made for a Schwinn. I was going to repair the brackets but it fit snugly when I put it on the bike, so it didn't need any work. There's just a little residue from some stickers that were on it, otherwise it's excellent. I'd like $50 for it and that includes shipping as long as it's in the states.

izytjl.jpg

11jn0jo.jpg

Depending where the slimline tabs are, you may not have to take them off if the brackets clear them.
972vqb.jpg
Very interested. Let me check with the boss. :shock::-x

Back