Full Chrome Lowrider...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got this bike on a trade, work for the bike.

can somebody tell me what its worth?

its got: front bumper, 2 side view mirrors, twisted fork, twisted pedals, twisted continental kit (minus wheel), bent sissy bars, rear lights ext. ill be cleaning it up a bit and fine tunning it. thanks,

DSCF4261Medium.jpg

i tried it.

its nearly impossible. not fun.

probly pretty goofy

my lowrider bike i have has a bent twisted springer fork and a nanner seat, and coffin twisted apes. with the bent springer fork, it makes it one of the most awkward bikes ive ever rode. when i turn the bars to the left, the head tube pushes to the right and visa versus, its just really a looker. all show and some go.

Easy E

JoeyMac said:
I see lowrider bikes set up like that a lot... but I NEVER see anyone riding it like that. Is it even possible?

You stand up and pedal like a BMX, then sit and coast. I've "Zoobombed" mine (3 miles on city streets, 700' vertical drop) getting going about 35mph. With a bent springer the front is sort of like a hinge, but you get the hang of it.

I bet you could find a decent amount of cash by parting that bike out. Sure is shiny dude!

Raise the seat,pull the handle bars back and ride it.

...or build a "Chrome Krate"

thanks for all the feedback guys!!! i think with most of these bikes there is a sacrifice on the performance. the bike i built with my friend was a lot less compromise. i havent tried to ride this one yet. gotta tighten up a few things before i do so. i think it just looks neat. :mrgreen:

so whats a chrome krate?

A lot of the lowrider stuff is made in Mexico, and the stuff that is, is nicer than the Chinese stuff. The chrome is a little better too.

the chrome krate idea sounds cool. i used to have an all chrome lowrider similar to that one, and i wish i had never sold it. complicated to ride, but you look and feel all laidback and cool in the process. my friend who i had actually built some lowriders with told me that, if one flat ground, you can actually use the forks rake or something to keep you slowly rolling by just keep turning the handlebars back and forth. i tried it, and it kinda worked. nice bike.

Not as spiffy as the home built full size Flightliner version!! (I finally got a gray sparkle 'nanner seat for it, to be installed soon..) ~Adam
SUNP0017.jpg

Back