Front and rear skirt guards

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember there being an old thread a while back discussing skirt guards, along with a photoshop of a bike with front and rear skirt guards. Couldn't find that thread in a search. I'm putting a bike together now with that exact setup and was wondering if anyone else had ever done this yet. The guard on the right front was a left rear and had to be cut way down to make them symmetrical, but otherwise it's worked out pretty well.

I can't find that photo with the mocked up Elgin front and rear guards. For some reason, I was thinking that
@Skipton was the person that did that.

Here is the photo of Skipton's Elgin Orange with some photoshopping.
elgin0102copy.jpg

Here is another bit of front/rear skirts inspiration for ya
535911_803735793018065_2689044400839843967_n.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. I did think about extending the tank like some of the other Rollfast bikes have, I like that look, but the tank has original paint and I am trying to preserve as much of it as possible. The pic makes the white pieces look really fresh but I think that's mostly from my crummy cell phone pic, in person it all matches up pretty well. I still have some more polishing to do but the old red paint really comes back with some elbow grease, I'm not planning to repaint any of it.

As for the silver Flightliner above, holy cats, is that a real picture? If it is, that is an incredible build, I'd love to see more. If it's a photoshop, it's a .... good one! I have a Flightliner waiting to get rebuilt, but I don't know if I have the patience or skills to pull THAT off. I love the look though!

Here is a little gem I found a few years back on the roof of an old railroad car in the middle of a field outside of Belfry, Montana. No rear skirts but it is the only factory bike (not including tricycles) I have ever come across with a front skirt guard. I think its a Murray but nobody seems to know anything about it.

Here is a little gem I found a few years back on the roof of an old railroad car in the middle of a field outside of Belfry, Montana. No rear skirts but it is the only factory bike (not including tricycles) I have ever come across with a front skirt guard. I think its a Murray but nobody seems to know anything about it.
I have a fender with front guards, and I believe it is a murray as well.

I have some finished pics of the bike, I know this isn't really a build thread but I'll put them here anyway. Paint cleaned up pretty nice, overall I'm real happy with the effect.

And a before pic. I'll post the ones above in the skirt thread too, just to make for better searching in the future.

Latest posts

Back