From Amsterdam to Pittsburgh, PA the Basman cometh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Amsterdam here to Pittsburgh, PA via http://www.sfcyco.com my Basman frame set came yesterday!!!! Thanks for their help getting it here!!!!!
It will be a slow build due to a HUGE truck repair bill that just had to come the same day as the Basman.

I'm looking for parts so any leads will help. Here it is, stay tuned for the slow build up of the Black Label Basman 346.

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6815.jpg

IMG_6817.jpg

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

It was about $550 + shipping from http://www.sfcyco.com shippping might be a little cheaper for you being that you are closer to San Fransico than me way over here in Pittsburgh, PA. They are the only dealer I know of here in the states and they are AWESOME!!!!!!

Thanks Dan, hopfully I will get it built for at least a few rides before winter. It will be slow going tho have to get my truck fixed first($800) then I will start getting parts for the Basman. How are you? We need to have another ride.

wow thats super cool. i have a buddy who imports them. pretty much just for his club Chopaderos. I do think he dose special orders. Ill run word past him and let him know of your post. hes a great dude and is real fair with prices. located in california.

man oh man those bikes are so good.

racedoug33 said:
Thanks Dan, hopfully I will get it built for at least a few rides before winter. It will be slow going tho have to get my truck fixed first($800) then I will start getting parts for the Basman. How are you? We need to have another ride.

Yes....'nother ride needed! Whats ailing your truck?

Cool that you got THAT frame, its the new shorter basman design.
havent seen to many builds of that yet, not even over here!

A shorter Basman frame? I am a shorter (5'3") man...I have got to get me one of those frames! When you get it built up, sit a short person on there to see how it fits. I don't think there is any way I could fit a regular Basman frame.

ratdaddy said:
Cool that you got THAT frame, its the new shorter basman design.
havent seen to many builds of that yet, not even over here!

A shorter Basman frame? I am a shorter (5'3") man...I have got to get me one of those frames! When you get it built up, sit a short person on there to see how it fits. I don't think there is any way I could fit a regular Basman frame.

here's what can be done with it
33aflmp.jpg

Here you can see that the stay's are different too.

@ratdaddy, I will do that for you once its done.

@floyd, its the catalitic(spelling?) converter. It sounds like a tin can full of bolts being shaken. It basicly has just fallen apart. Its just a bummer that problem came up the exact time the Basman came : ( I'm still looking for parts tho....lol, just dreaming for when I get caught back up from this bill.

i emailed sfcyco about the basman frames and never got a reponse from them. this sucks cause ive been looking for a place that imported these frames for months. also i live like 30 mins from sf.

nixorz, hmmm thats strange. I have nothing but good things to say about them, always reply to emails in a day or so, answer all my questions, delivered my frame right on time etc... Maybe they are getting ready for a show or something. Give it a few days and if you don't get a reply try again and let me know I will email them and let them know you are interested in a Basman frame set. Being that you are near SF you will be able to drop by and pick one up, thats awesome.

This is my Basman 263 Race. Configured myself and got it few weeks back. Most enjoyable bike on earth; rides like a tank and looks like a dragster. I'm all smiles when I roll out of my carage! 8)

basman_263B.jpg

first one in NY
its a sport too
just a quick mockup with drivetrain from shop bike

got one more frame in shop $550

_DSC8099.jpg

and will have one more original (nonsport) in 2 weeks when Rhalf the owner of Chopperdome brings it on the plane to my shop for my cruise

that will be the first original one i get

the sport is 2" shorter in the backbone

Back