Friends dont let Friends get VEE Rubber Tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Guys, I took off two Uniroyal 26 2.25 tires off the 1950 Schwinn and replaced with Vee 26 2.25 tires. The Vee do not even come close to fitting.
Then after I posted this I see that I have a 1999 Next Bike that had 26 1.95 tires on it. I replaced them with Vee 26 2.25 tires. These fit fine because they had a much better "lip" which touches the rim. They work fine on that bike.
I will write this all off as Vee having Poor Quality Control and PoooooooP tires. All these tires I got used. So I am not out that much.
Vee is on my DO NOT BUY List.
The thing that makes me a bit upset is that I brought new tubes and these tires out to our cabin which is out in the sticks and 30 miles from town. Now when I return out there next month. I will bring another pair of 26 2.25 tires out there. I would bring out wheels too, But they have Skip Tooth Gear on rear wheel.
No More Vee Tires for me. Unless they are put on local and if they are free for me.
Thanks for all the comments.

Back