Fresh ????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
While perusing the FLEEBAY last week, I noted something I could live with... or is that something I couldn't live without?

Does this qualify as a fresh find? Original paint, seat, stem, plate, fork, chainguard and fenders.

The wheels are apparently off a Worksman, and the 6 hole rack was a BONUS!!!!

Minor issues, but seems to be pretty much intact otherwise.
Does it qualify as fresh??????

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(thats a yes)

Awesome find. I check ebay for cycletrucks often, almost daily, that one went under my radar.

I missed that one too. You done good. Mine will grow up to look like that one day.

Thanks for the replies..
I am curious as to what shop in West Palm Beach has one... Is it Wayne? I know him fairly well.

The basket and board are remounted now and the stand works!! It was hanging on the bottom of the board and wouldn't go over far enough to be in the "lock" position. I noticed today that the headbadge is not the one that it should be, so I'll put one in place that suits me now! I have several different ones. I have tires coming for it, and the ones on it I would be afraid to try to make it around the block on the rear one, the front looks better. We're gonna go for blackwalls..

Recentered the steering, it was left handed.. Changed the grips, they were split and I had a pair of red sparkle ones from an old bike sitting, so on they went.

Yeah, you can ask the price, but I refrain.... It was not quite free. I've been looking for one for a while, and close enough to personally pick it up. This one fit all the criteria. (Plus, my wife said "you really want it? Go ahead and make on offer.") I found another one locally abnout a month ago, but the owner changed his mind and is going to use it for his business. (Neat display item, eh?)

I'll take some of my own photos of it soon, I want to finish fixing a few bugs first though. More than that, I want to ride it! :mrgreen:

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

tnt1 said:
I found one that is all orginal that I can buy for $800.00 but that seems a bit high. Tony

Tony,
If I found an all original one for $800, I would have torn my pocket off gettin the money out!
The wheels, handlebars, crank, sprocket and pedals are not the proper ones for this year, and I already mentioned the headbadge. Some of this would be hard to find (handlebars in particular), and I don't know that I'd be able to afford them if I did find them! I'm gonna have fun with this one, and it will start as soon as the tires get here (and get put on). I am also going to have to get the rear hub checked out, sems as if something may be disintegrated inside... may just be dead grease.. We'll see. Oh, yeah, and it will need a new tube up front as well (already have one here for the rear.

What year did you find? I have a connection to another one that is not all there, but have no idea what he wants for it, or if he'd even part with it. The one I missed out on locally was VERY MUCH all there, S-2's, correct headbadge, all the goodies. Arrgh... One of those "Cash in the hand" moments where the cash wasn't.

I am in the middle of two other bikes and one of them is almost done at the powdercoater's place. The Cycle-Truck will have to wait a little if the other one comes back within a few days.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Re: Fresh ???? Another surprise...

After some deep rooted thought, I got down to looking further at the serial number on this tonight. It is NOT a 1960, but is a '67. No big disappointment, as I thought there were some weird pieces for it to have been a '60. 8)

I feel a bit better after looking into this and figuring it out, and it makes me even less worried about altering its' appearance a bit.

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

The one I found is a 66 or 67 faded red you can still read the screen on the c/g that says schwinn cycle truck. Tony 8)

rat royale said:
Thanks for the replies..
I am curious as to what shop in West Palm Beach has one... Is it Wayne? I know him fairly well.

I'm not sure what the name of the shop is, I'm not too familiar with the area and I just spotted it while cruising up Dixie Highway. I think it was between Forest Hill and Southern, there was a chopper out front with homebrew three-spoke mags and an old Phillips. The shop is on the west side of Dixie...

Bunbury said:
rat royale said:
Thanks for the replies..

I'm not sure what the name of the shop is, I'm not too familiar with the area and I just spotted it while cruising up Dixie Highway. I think it was between Forest Hill and Southern, there was a chopper out front with homebrew three-spoke mags and an old Phillips. The shop is on the west side of Dixie...
Yup.. That's Wayne. Shop is "Bicycle"
He has some off the wall stuff there. He helped me out with a generator hub setup for Stretch, and it works GREAT! :mrgreen:
I haven't had the time to go in for a while, but I will stop and talk to him from time to time. I have to be working in the area to do so though, and lately, I've been everywhere other than there.

I haven't hit ANY of the shops really, just been running too much. Need some stuff for this project though, and am gonna HAVE to get to a shop for some of it.

There's another one being "resto-modificated" for a shop further south, but they didn't have it back when I was there last. I am waiting to see how it comes out.

Mine will be relatively simple..

Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Sarasota schwinn has a schwinn cycle truck that he restored it is real nice it is black. what kind of old bike stuff do you have . I have a lot of schwinn bikes and parts. I live in lakeland,fl. between tampa and orlando . Tony 8)

Latest posts

Back