Free Spirit MX "1" bike value?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to go to another swap meet in a couple weeks, and I want to try trading this bike for something else. First though, I need to find out just how much this bike is actually worth.
I know it's a Murray, and based on some research, the bike is fairly complete, aside from a few missing cosmetic parts and possibly some missing orange paint on the fenders.
The bike is in surprisingly rideable shape, with nothing seized up and with the tubes and tires in good shape. I don't know if the tires are original, but there are no cracks that I can find, and they're still very grippy.
The seat has a few tears, but could be saved by someone who knows how to do upholstery. At the very least, it's still cushy.
I don't think the thin strips of reflective tape are original to the bike, but they were on the bike when I got it, and they've probably been on the bike for most of its life.
I tried looking up the serial number, but I haven't had any luck finding out the exact year. My best guess from what I could find is that this is a 1977-1978 model.
BftD_free_spirit_mx_1.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_2.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_3.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_4.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_5.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_6.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_7.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_8.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_9.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_10.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_11.jpg
BftD_free_spirit_mx_12.jpg