Free Huffy Cranbrook for momma Jo!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife found this little Huffy Cranbrook next to a dumpster at an apartment complex. The guy had just put it out there and said it was his wife's but they had no room in the garage for it. It's a 24" so I thought it would be great for my wife to ride since she's petite, but when she saw all of us on 26" wheels pulling away from her she went back to her 26.
Her best friend's mom was wanting a bike, and I thought this one would be great for her since she's a shorty too. She loves the bike and I lost nothing in the deal. She's like a second mom to me anyway so it was a great find!

B77D00A0-C869-4F50-9348-DC37E1ABC0F5-2690-0000020AEEDC2938_zpsc14ca13d.jpg

Wow, it always amazes me at how lazy we Americans are! Instead of donating a nice bike like that to Good Will, people just take the lazy way out and roll it over to the dumpster to become more landfill. :roll:

Thanks guys! I agree that there's too many people throwing things away that can be used again. I do think the term re-purposing is starting to take hold though. Here's two examples I came across looking for images of a Schwinn Black Phantom and how they gave a new purpose and look to some old bike parts.
roly...

original_29079_a1tD2DvPqkgMXPm8Oc13z1YTp_zpsaedbf604-1.jpg

1_2c5ecc4976e5a45324aecbca514972f5_zps228c68a6.jpg

ohhhh, I see me making that shop stool. That's cool. Thanks for posting it.

Latest posts

Back