Free bikes from an old bike shop

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealing with a bunch of junk seems worth it for some of the parts you got. I could be wrong, I don't know the quantity of junk. Either way, great score. Good luck.
I went back and cleaned out the attic of the shop. He was a Harley, Schwinn and Whizzer dealer. I found a lot of very old Harley parts, especially tools (antique truing stand was the best tool find). I also found Model A rims and other antique mechanical and electric car parts. This was all set aside for a relative that has a Model A and two Harley's. I also got what I think is a Whizzer wheel? There was also a lot of scrap iron and lead which I stacked for a relative to come and get. He also sold Tricycles and I got a lot of wheels and three or 4 new Troxel tricycle seats. No old tricycle frames. I have several replacement solid rubber tires as well as new wheels for old tricycles. I don't know what to do with all the tricycle stuff? I am going to see someone who might know about this stuff Friday. All the bikes are skip tooth. I made a fast count and I think there are 5 men's Schwinn frames (I think 3 model C and two DX). I have to look at them closer as they are piled up right now. There is a also a Snyder frame with a DP Harris skip tooth chainring (got the H on the ring). Also a Zenith mens frame but I don't know who built it yet. I have at least one Schwinn skip tooth sweet hart ring. A bunch of New Departure hubs and wheels (one wheel had the repair bill still attached: $1.00 truing, $2.00 hub rebuild, 25 cents for new brake discs, 25 cents for a bearing, 16 cents for a new axle, 8 cents for new washers and nuts and a few more cents for a new driver. I have the bill that was still attached to the wheel and I am going to get it framed. "Bob's Cycle Shop" is printed on the bill. I also got two long spring saddles, new rubber Schwinn grips, new pedal rubber, a set of new old Torrington pedals, 3 new but old Schwinn Typhoon tires and a lot of small parts. The neighbor also gave me two 1960s AMF bicycles with the star sprocket. There are several other skit tooth frames that are unique looking and I will have to do some research to find out what they are. There were only two woman's frames in the whole catch.

I sent ya pm about one of the frames

I forgot about that. It's the white one right? I haven't looked too closely at it but it has curved chain stays like a CWC but the curves are more extreme and start more toward the axle. I have 4 CWC bikes and it doesn't match any of them but it could still be a CWC. I have to research it. I am pondering what to do with all this stuff. I haven't decided yet. I could hoard it in my camp garage but then my kids would probably scrap them when I die. The 60s AMF bikes have enough good parts to make one complete bike so I might do that.

Yeah the white one, if it's possible post some more pics. I don't see any curves in the one pics. I'm thinking its a colson straight bar. Kind of a rare bike.

Here are pictures of what I kept.
I also gave away a two Schwinn Excelsior type frames that were badly bent like they were run over by a car. They are wall hangers. I also gave away a mans and woman's bike and I have a complete CWC woman's old school ratrod bike (2 different fenders, non matched wheels, non original but old chain guard and a non original fork) that I will strip and use for parts to build one of these frames. One frame has a Hiawatha head badge and another has a Hawthorn headbadge. No badges on most of the rest.

24 inch Excelsior. with head badge The 22 tooth chain wheel would work on a 26 inch skip tooth bike here where it is hilly.
IMG_0501.JPG

Rainbow frame with a gusset at the top of the seatpost tube.
IMG_0503.JPG

This might be a Snyder frame. I also have a DP Harris skip tooth crank set that would go with this frame.
IMG_0504.JPG

Zenith frame with head badge. Note the nut at the top of the seat post. I have never seen that. Might be a CCM frame?
IMG_0506.JPG

Schwinn DX? with Goodyear head badge.
IMG_0505.JPG

Wishbone frame. Dog leg crank and very heavy non skip tooth chain wheel.
IMG_0507.JPG

Another rainbow with the gusset at the top of the seat post tube.
IMG_0500.JPG

Colson straight bar frame? with what looks like a Schwinn skip tooth chain wheel.
IMG_0498.JPG

Another white frame, perhaps a CWC.
IMG_0499.JPG

Last edited:
I see 3 synder built fastback, the one with the seat collet is a 36. The black double frame I believe is a Huffman built mid 30s, pretty hard to find bike. Green one is a Shelby built. And yeah the white one is a CWC built frame and lastly I do think white one I was asking about is a a straight bar colson. Another one that is hard to find bike. Very nice pick ups

Yeah the white one, if it's possible post some more pics. I don't see any curves in the one pics. I'm thinking its a colson straight bar. Kind of a rare bike.
I posted pictures of most of what I kept as far as frames goes. There were two white ones in the haul and that had me confused as to what you were referring to.

Really nice frames! Wishbone, Zenith and the Colson straight bar are my faves! Lots of possibilities!

Back