Freakbike Trophy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How should I finish it??? (pick one)

• 1. Paint it up

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • 2. Leave it raw (clearcoat)

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • 3. Let it rust

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am making the Freakbike Trophy for the =http://midwestbicyclefest.com]6th Annual Midwest Bicyclefest

I decided to build up a chopper bike, its made out of steel rod, tubing and other scraps of metal I had laying aorund. And yes the forks turn, and so does the crank, and its about 18" long overall.

Im looking for advice on how to finish it. I can paint it up, or leave it bare with a clearcoat, or let it rust by spraying with salt water, then clearcoating it after. When its done it will be mounted to a piece of oak with a plaque.

005-7.jpg

007-5.jpg

004-8.jpg

Rustinkerer said:
That reminds me, what's going on w/the FBN site? Last time I checked, it said there were no posts. -Adam

I've got a couple of friends looking into it along with our admins. Some people get the page you're talking about (including me) but not everyone does. PHP isn't returning my emails and they don't list a phone #. The FBN is still there it's just that you have to sign in as a member everytime. Hopefully we can get this straightened out real soon. It's aggrevating. Please bare with me on this.
Sorry about the hijacking of this thread.

Ratfink1962 said:
I am making the Freakbike Trophy for the =http://midwestbicyclefest.com]6th Annual Midwest Bicyclefest

I decided to build up a chopper bike, its made out of steel rod, tubing and other scraps of metal I had laying aorund. And yes the forks turn, and so does the crank, and its about 18" long overall.

Im looking for advice on how to finish it. I can paint it up, or leave it bare with a clearcoat, or let it rust by spraying with salt water, then clearcoating it after. When its done it will be mounted to a piece of oak with a plaque.

005-7.jpg

007-5.jpg

004-8.jpg

The little Freak is awesome! What if you painted in different colors, so it looks like it was peiced together. A lot of our bikes start out that way so why shouldn't the trophy represent it's true Freakness! What ever you decide, somebody's gonna be one lucky person!

Ok guys, thanks for the input... I finished it up by polishing it with a scotchbrite roloc disc, then clearcoating. Came out better that I had hoped.

Pics by Aka_Locojoe, thanks!

IMG_3696.JPG

And here is a pic of the Ratrod trophy, with my amatuer pinstriping
IMG_3705.JPG

Back