FrankenHiggins is FrankenFinished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying out some tank ideas. Found this in the garbage:
001.JPG

002.JPG

Turned into this:
003.JPG

Still need to cut and trim it to really see. Might work out ok.

Cool jet intake idea

Love the guard and chainring!
I also think it looks best with the fenders on it. It's not that unusual for the front fender to have a ducktail and there rear to not have one.

The sprocket and guard are fantastic. My eyes go right there and plant. The lights are a cool idea, but their shape comes from a different era of design, more 60's mod while your guard is clearly post-war victory dance. Love the guard and sprocket.

furyus

The sprocket and guard are fantastic. My eyes go right there and plant. The lights are a cool idea, but their shape comes from a different era of design, more 60's mod while your guard is clearly post-war victory dance. Love the guard and sprocket.

furyus
I had two ideas for a tank, this was the first. I agree that the shape of the scoop doesn't really fit with the frame or the chain guard. I have a second idea, but am not convinced that the bike needs a tank to compete with the sprocket/guard. Anyway tape and cardboard are cheap.

Thanks for the positive comments.

Imo if you were to extend your lights back into your tank following the frame shape to kind of create a bulged out center would look pretty legit, but ultimately I think your right in trying not to compete with the chain guard. Very cool build.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Imo if you were to extend your lights back into your tank following the frame shape to kind of create a bulged out center would look pretty legit, but ultimately I think your right in trying not to compete with the chain guard. Very cool build.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I agree. I would probably do that in fiberglass, instead of having to modify the lamp housing that doesn't really fit.

Worked on my 30T cog for my rear hub today. Started with this:
045.JPG

054.JPG

Ended up with this:
055.JPG

Added some drillium
057.JPG

On the bike:
058.JPG

I'll need to make a shim to go between the cog and the hub due to the difference in thickness between this one and the original one. Will also need to make a little tweak to the seat stay to prevent chain rub.

Back