frame bent

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple bent frames I worked on today. Wrap a string and lay the frame flat on the concrete. Put a knee on the high side of the frame and push. Only a little bit at a time. Got both frames within an 8th of an inch. Could try harder and get it perfect. Both frames were not only bent but broke and had to be rewelded.
S5032323.jpg

S5032324.jpg

S5032325.jpg

While I was at it, the seat post was rusted in, so I removed the old and added an new one inch tube.

The Pretzel Frame
S5032308.jpg

S5032315.jpg

if you have access to a tram thatd be the easiest/most accurate way to measure it.....if not the string method will work fine
all youd need to get it back where it belongs is a vice to hold your bike and you can bend it out by hand(or black of wood,prybar,etc,etc,) then go back and measure.repeat as needed until you get the same measurements on each side

I layed the cant frame on its side on the concrete, 2x4 vertical, bashed with 2lb sledge and almost perfect. Got an idea to cover whats left on the damage.

Back