Four days of fun.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week, a friend of mine and myself, joined cycling-event in our hometown. In 2011, we did it for the first time and we enjoyed ourselves enough to attend this year's edition.
It's a 4-day event (evenings, actually), during which you can ride an 18,10 or 5-mile cruise. Of course we did the 18 miles. The fun part is, that we were the only ones with actual cruisers. The rest of the folks ride normal bikes.
So that means giving lots of explanations about our bikes and answering heaps of questions.
What started as a bit of a joke in 2011, now means that a lot of local people know who we are and that we're not really the freaks, they thought we were.
Because of my work, I couldn't ride the final cruise, so I got no medal. :(
I think we've succeeded in getting more positive publicity for the cruiser-community, which is allways nessecary in today's world.
Finally some pics, taken by the fotographer from the bicycle-club.
Just in case you wonder why my buddy is on 3 different bikes, it's because he owns them all. :mrgreen: I'm just a poor guy. :lol:

@raggedjim: thx for the compliment. :) But I need this hairy accessory, 'cause without it,nobody would recognise me. :mrgreen:

@MadMax: if you're Dutch by birth, my guess is that you could ride a bike before you could walk. :D
And you are exactly 5 years older than I am, so we share our birthdays with Alice Cooper. Cool. 8)

Nice ride you have there, wimpy; I really dig the orange frame (the national color of The Netherlands).

Peace brother

Thanx guys! :D
Besides the fun of riding as much as we can, It's always nice to make people smile as we pass by. It's our contribution to a more colourfull world.

@Zygotelittle: you're right about the colour, but the second reason for me to choose this colourscheme, is because it's the colours of Harley-Davidson. I used to own a few, so it's for me to remember the good times. 8)

Back