Found today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bicycle at a garage sale today. It is a stingray style, sort of. I know I've seen this style of bike before I just can't place what make it is. The front tire says Sears linear tread and it is a 16-in wheel and the back is a 20. Any help and identifying this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

The seat actually is off of a stingray
20230819_092155.jpg
20230819_104559.jpg
20230819_092155.jpg

The rear of the frame is Huffy, telling by the shape of the seat stays at the top. The fork is a slingshot fork as noted above. The serial number might be there on the dropout, that'll give the year. That's not a model they made, someone redid it and made it a stretch.

Here's a slingshot:
1692510000991.png

The rear of the frame is Huffy, telling by the shape of the seat stays at the top. The fork is a slingshot fork as noted above. The serial number might be there on the dropout, that'll give the year. That's not a model they made, someone redid it and made it a stretch.

Here's a slingshot:
View attachment 246068
Excellent. The serial number starts with 9W. But it's nice to know that it is a slingshot front end.thanks

I picked up a bicycle at a garage sale today. It is a stingray style, sort of. I know I've seen this style of bike before I just can't place what make it is. The front tire says Sears linear tread and it is a 16-in wheel and the back is a 20. Any help and identifying this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

The seat actually is off of a stingrayView attachment 246022View attachment 246023View attachment 246022
That would be great in the build off super cool frame.

Excellent. The serial number starts with 9W. But it's nice to know that it is a slingshot front end.thanks
Should be an "H" at the beginning of the number. A 9 would indicate 1969.

Well the frame's going to take a ton of work to straighten out and fix so I'm more than likely going to part the bike out. I mostly build Schwinn's so that slingshot front fork will probably be going on eBay.
I decided to use the front tire on a different bike.
20230819_104559~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back