Found another one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1940s Girls Monark Rocket The orignal paint is under there sad to see that someone did this nice set of dart lightning tires though!
DSC00222.jpg

DSC00223.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

Might try a little paint thinner. I have had a few spray bombed bikes and a few house paint bikes that I have brought back. Many times the paint preserves what is underneath it. Just takes a little time to get it back.

Gonna have to try that I think its tractor paint, its thick somewhat glossy and they had alot of it cause the guy I got it from bought two other bikes from the guy and he was farm both of them were this color too.

1959firearrow said:
Doesn't seem to hold up that well either its pretty flaky and not that old

That's great if it's flaking off the paint thinner can get in behind it and it'll wipe right off. Gasoline, paint thinner, turpentine, or anything that will dissolve paint will work. Just do a test stop under the bottom bracket where it's not noticable and see what works best for you. Chances are if it's flaking badly they didn't sand or prime the frame before they painted it. You might get lucky and have nice original paint under that old flaking barn paint. I had one that turned out almost NOS looking.

any more info on this?...how did it work out, pics please.

Back