Forks on backwards

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a little while back someone posted about seeing a bike with the forks mounted backward. I think they said that it was at a Walmart.
Since then I have seen about ten bikes with the forks mounted backward. I just saw a brand new bike on CL with them mounted backward. What is wrong with people. I guess common sense has gone away for good. The other day while driving home was a funny one because the little girl riding the bike with the backward forks also had her helmet on backwards. I feel like Im loosing my mind seeing all these less then intelligent people.
2o8n.jpg

The forks aren't backwards, those are just a non-conformists who want to customize their bikes. They work long and hard on their "builds" thinking of a way to shred convention when they are pimpin' around on their new Wally Bikes. I think we need a "Show Me Your Bork" thread so people can share their creativity.

They forgot to flip the bars over. They'd have a sweet boardtracker :grin:

CeeBee said:
The forks aren't backwards, those are just a non-conformists who want to customize their bikes. They work long and hard on their "builds" thinking of a way to shred convention when they are pimpin' around on their new Wally Bikes. I think we need a "Show Me Your Bork" thread so people can share their creativity.
I always thought they were them kids that had a goofy Dyno with the goofy backwards drop out....

You know its a lot of work to turn that fork around. Wallyworld bike mechanics thinking ....You got to take the wheel off the fork, then take the stem out of the fork tube, then remove the headset nuts so the fork can be taken out of the frames head tube, then put the fork back in the head tube in the proper direction, replace the headset nuts, put the stem back in place and put the wheel back on. That's a lot of work, Ill just leave it as it is, nobody will notice......hey, put some streamers on the grips and smile face valve caps on it, I just made it a custom bike.

Right now there is someone somewhere pointing out the ridiculousness of the flipped bars and too low saddle on some of my bikes.

Of course, when people choose to do things like flip bars or reverse stems or even reverse a fork, it's not for me to criticize. But, when a new bike is assembled wrong and sold that way, it's shameful because I'm betting that most bork riders are unaware of the difference.

Maybe there should be a campaign to raise the awareness of uninformed bork riders around the globe. Walmart would be a great place to start.;)

Right now there is someone somewhere pointing out the ridiculousness of the flipped bars and too low saddle on some of my bikes.

Of course, when people choose to do things like flip bars or reverse stems or even reverse a fork, it's not for me to criticize. But, when a new bike is assembled wrong and sold that way, it's shameful because I'm betting that most bork riders are unaware of the difference.

Maybe there should be a campaign to raise the awareness of uninformed bork riders around the globe. Walmart would be a great place to start.;)

The thing is, the flipped bars and low saddle really do look cool. I like practical bikes and believe that most of the time, form should follow function, but even I have to admit that the boardtrack racer look has real visual appeal. Too bad it doesn't function half so well on bikes as it does on motorcycles. Borks on the other hand have no visual appeal and just make you look like you don't have a clue.

Didn't someone report that they arrive backwards in the box to save space? Some box store assemblers (I hesitate to call them bike mechanics) just don't know the difference.

Here's the thing: IMO the "average person" believes that all bikes are pretty much the same. When a "non-bike" person rides a bike with the fork backward, seat nose tilted up or down, handlebars pointed at the sky, etc, they think: "wow, bikes are uncomfortable, and hard to ride!"
The focus of most retailers and bicycle stores is to get the bikes on the floor as quickly as possible so they can get down the road w/o falling apart right away.
The difference in ride quality between a bike that is slapped together out of the box and one that is assembled and adjusted properly is easily noticed.

Latest posts

Back